City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Has anyone used the Radcliffe bus 16? I have walked past the pickup point in the layby near Vermillion on my way to the car at the last two games but not seen one showing MC16, just MC15 for Middleton.

Found the beginning a bit amusing - fans travelling from as far away as Macclesfield. Wow - good job they’re not catering for the rags :) :) :)
Picking up in New York, Iceland, Inverness Tesco & Miami Fried chicken, Barton rd

Reactions: CC1

He makes some valid criticisms. Particularly the no child concessions, which does seem a bit mean. Apart from planes, I can’t really think of any public transport that doesn’t offer child rates.

It did seem like he set off with a negative mind set though and was looking for reasons to validate that viewpoint.

Repeatedly comparing the single ticket price on the tram with a return price on the bus was a bit nonsensical.

He makes some valid criticisms. Particularly the no child concessions, which does seem a bit mean. Apart from planes, I can’t really think of any public transport that doesn’t offer child rates.

It did seem like he set off with a negative mind set though and was looking for reasons to validate that viewpoint.

Repeatedly comparing the single ticket price on the tram with a return price on the bus was a bit nonsensical.
With the tram there is very little difference between single and return, just 30p to 70p difference (travel in 1 zone is £1.40 single & £1.90 return, all zones is £4.60/£4.90), but in any case he was comparing it with the 2 day weekend ticket.

I got home very quickly last night. I couldn't get the bus due to work/family commitments, and the departure time near me was 5:15.

Seemed like there were far fewer cars on the Mancunian way going home. Wonder if this is due to the buses or more to do with the attendance/KO time?

With the tram there is very little difference between single and return, just 30p to 70p difference (travel in 1 zone is £1.40 single & £1.90 return, all zones is £4.60/£4.90), but in any case he was comparing it with the 2 day weekend ticket.

Well he didn’t make it clear whatever it is.

It’s not a fair comparison anyway. The tram is a public vehicle, with hundreds of people potentially jumping on and off during each journey. And going virtually non stop all day up and down, picking up fare paying punters.

These are privately hired buses doing one return trip during the course of a whole day/ evening.

Well he didn’t make it clear whatever it is.

It’s not a fair comparison anyway. The tram is a public vehicle, with hundreds of people potentially jumping on and off during each journey. And going virtually non stop all day up and down, picking up fare paying punters.

These are privately hired buses doing one return trip during the course of a whole day/ evening.
Doesn’t have to be fair. Fans will either pay the extra or they won’t.

The bus fare is double the tram fare for me. That feels wrong to me, so I’m not likely to use the bus and have 15 mins extra walk from the tram stop.

Doesn’t have to be fair. Fans will either pay the extra or they won’t.

The bus fare is double the tram fare for me. That feels wrong to me, so I’m not likely to use the bus and have 15 mins extra walk from the tram stop.
It isn’t wrong, apparently the club are subsidising the buses, it would be nice if they could subsidise more, but maybe subsidising more buses not the prices more would be better still. Hopefully they can do more but it doesn’t make the fares wrong.
If tram is cheaper and more convenient for yourself then fair enough use the tram, which will hopefully be less crowded due to others using the bus scheme. The more options the better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.