City bus scheme for home games - bus tracking (P91)

Excellent news that you guys are listening and been sensible with it, nothing but praise for the service from me. Although a price reduction would be the icing on the cake ;)
Top communication and reaction.

Have there ever been quick and beneficially responses from Metro ?

It starts in Ramsbottom now. The problem with that one for me is the pricing. £8 is great from Rammy but it’s the same price from Radcliffe which, considering the tram is £4.70 rtn and can be caught from the same place, isn’t attractive. Technically, you’re paying £3.30 extra to go door to door because the tram network is set up for other parts of the region to get direct services after they removed the previous door to door service we had. If it was £5 I would use it but seemingly it’s not that popular, probably due to the above. I reckon Whitefield and Prestwich would be similar especially as they have better existing bus services to Manchester which are cheaper. Actually, Rammy has better bus services to Manchester than Radcliffe.
Where about in Ramsbottom does it start from? I meet up in Bury and get the tram with another couple of families

The website is now updated with the previously mentioned changes in relation to the Southampton game, with timetables added to routes with new stops.

Just a few other tweaks as well.

MC11

• The departure point for Tyldsley will change from Astley St/Upper George Street to Elliott St/Tyldesley Sq.
  • There is a change of route between Tyldesley and Boothstown, and the bus will route clockwise around the Inner Ring Road, avoiding the Mancunian Way. This should hopefully improve reliability.
MC13
  • Slight amendment to route, pre- and post-match. It will now go Oldham Road and Hulme Hall Lane, not Briscoe Lane.

MC15
  • As well as introducing the Castleton stop, we are also adding a new stop in Moston on Lightbowne Rd, Gardener's Arms, both pre- and post-match. This is following a request to move the Moston stop, however, rather than move, we are introducing a new stop.
    This will be a Zone 1 fare (£3 Single/£6 Return for adults and £1.50/£3 for U16s).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.