City approach FA about B team

tolmie's hairdoo

According to Karren Brady, the FA have approached Premier League clubs this week to sound them out about a proposal from City about forming B teams to play in League One and League Two.

This obviously happens in Spain, and would clearly benefit the bigger clubs, but thoughts?

How would that impact promotion and relegation for clubs that already feature in these leagues?

Another money spinner, also?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
According to Karren Brady, the FA have approached Premier League clubs this week to sound them out about a proposal from City about forming B teams to play in League One and League Two.

This obviously happens in Spain, and would clearly benefit the bigger clubs, but thoughts?

How would that impact promotion and relegation for clubs that already feature in these leagues?

Whilst I think it's a great idea in that it provides us with a platform to get our younger/fringe players playing at a higher level and in a style suitable to City, I'm really not that comfortable in disrupting a historic structure that's been around for nearly 140 years
it wouldn't go down well with lower league clubs

where would the fanbase come from?

Would be disappointed to see this happen, completely unfair on the smaller clubs.

First issues is how would it work with the current league numbers? Are the B teams going to end up replacing current league clubs if that's the case I can't see it happening and don't think it's fair. A better solution would be for a local team to become our B team bury oldham Stockport Rochdale lots around that we could invest in and support. Feeder teams would be better than B teams IMHO

squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Whilst I think it's a great idea in that it provides us with a platform to get our younger/fringe players playing at a higher level and in a style suitable to City, I'm really not that comfortable in disrupting a historic structure that's been around for nearly 140 years
it wouldn't go down well with lower league clubs

where would the fanbase come from?

If there was money to be made, pretty sure the lower league clubs would find a way, they are drowning.

In terms of fan base, I could see Bury v United, City or Liverpool attracting a full house at Gigg Lane and even at out new Campus stadium?

hoyage said:
First issues is how would it work with the current league numbers? Are the B teams going to end up replacing current league clubs if that's the case I can't see it happening and don't think it's fair. A better solution would be for a local team to become our B team bury oldham Stockport Rochdale lots around that we could invest in and support. Feeder teams would be better than B teams IMHO

Nothing like taking away the heritage of old clubs, I'm sure their fans would be over the moon

It would obviously be good for us and would hopefully increase interest in the lower leagues and revenues. It would be a good away to go and see City youngsters against someone like Rochdale in a competitive league game.

Tinkering with the tradition though probably wouldn't sit well and football is quite slow with change, unless of course it helps TV when anything is fair game then.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

City ruining traditional English football too ! Should generate plenty of column inches of bile though. I don't believe it for a minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.