City approach FA about B team

tolmie's hairdoo said:
squirtyflower said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
If there was money to be made, pretty sure the lower league clubs would find a way, they are drowning.

In terms of fan base, I could see Bury v United, City or Liverpool attracting a full house at Gigg Lane and even at out new Campus stadium?
I understand the point of lower leagues drowning but this would kill them off

the example you gave wouldn't be Bury would it, it would be Manchester City B
I can't see Bury fans wanting to support our B team

They would be supporting Bury v Manchester City B, surely?
aaah, I get your drift
but for that to happen some league clubs would have to lose their status

Marvin said:
If you were to add say 4 B clubs to Div 3, how does it damage the League?

If I works in Spain, why not here?

-- Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 am --

feedthegloat said:
Would never and should never happen.
Explain why?

You could do it by having a rule that only U-23s play for the B team. I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with a club having two teams at different levels of the game. As long as they weren't allowed to be promoted above the main team, or compete against them, I don't see a problem

I doubt there's any money in it. Just an opportunity to provide more meaningful games for younger players

The problem for me is that by doing this you would be taking a league place of an existing league club. So either no clubs would be promoted from the conference for a season to accommodate it or a club/s just lose their league status? We would be killing off another league club and that just doesn't sit right with me. How many would have advocated this idea if it had been sprouted by the rags when we were in Division 3??

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheddar404 said:
What happens if the b team gets promoted into the premier league?

She is saying nothing beyond League One and the B teams would not earn promotion or relegation.

But it would surely devalue a team who finishes in fifth place that actually goes up as the first promoted side.

It's obviously a serious consideration for City, and we do try to be innovative, but I suspect there will be too many opponents.

We don't need to, we just have to increase the profitability of the current youth league set up. See my above post on page 2

tolmie's hairdoo said:
cheddar404 said:
What happens if the b team gets promoted into the premier league?

She is saying nothing beyond League One and the B teams would not earn promotion or relegation.

But it would surely devalue a team who finishes in fifth place that actually goes up as the first promoted side.

It's obviously a serious consideration for City, and we do try to be innovative, but I suspect there will be too many opponents.

So some clubs could get promoted but b teams couldn't? Would the b teams just go straight into the league or would they have to work their way up from non league? The idea is fucking preposterous. If this happens then football in this country really has gone to shit.

Not sure how I sit with this. Would boost finances of lower clubs however it tinkers with a long tradition. Won't happen due to the amount of opposition.

Marvin said:
If you were to add say 4 B clubs to Div 3, how does it damage the League?

If I works in Spain, why not here?

-- Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 am --

feedthegloat said:
Would never and should never happen.
Explain why?

You could do it by having a rule that only U-23s play for the B team. I don't see anything intrinsically wrong with a club having two teams at different levels of the game. As long as they weren't allowed to be promoted above the main team, or compete against them, I don't see a problem

I doubt there's any money in it. Just an opportunity to provide more meaningful games for younger players
Which 4 clubs do you propose lose their place in division 3 to make way for the B Clubs?

I am all for it. To implement it though the teams would need to start in the conference and work their way up to the championship. Obviously they could never go beyond this point. Also all match winnings and tv revenue should split between the traditional clubs, I don't think it's fair our b teams could benefit financially from it. For those saying it will break tradition, I understand this. But there are benefits to be had too. Perhaps an improvement in standard, certainly technically, and also exposure potentially.

Would it not be more viable to keep the clubs how they currently are, except the bigger club in the area manages the playing squad?

So as an example with say Oldham Athletic, they would keep the kits/colours, Boundary Park, everything stays the same except the squad that runs out on to the pitch - which would be City EDS players.

Could work out better for them, with a better calibre of players, more money as they wouldn't be spending on wages, the only stumbling block would be if they gained promotion and or played City in a Cup fixture.

Why Always Ste said:
Would it not be more viable to keep the clubs how they currently are, except the bigger club in the area manages the playing squad?

So as an example with say Oldham Athletic, they would keep the kits/colours, Boundary Park, everything stays the same except the squad that runs out on to the pitch - which would be City EDS players.

Could work out better for them, with a better calibre of players, more money as they wouldn't be spending on wages, the only stumbling block would be if they gained promotion and or played City in a Cup fixture.

If you where an Oldham fan I'm sure you would be over the moon with that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.