City are the neutrals' favourites

Re: City are the neutrals favourites

Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Bodicoteblue said:
It's interesting to see the difference between people like Stockport Mackem and some of the "guests" we get here from certain other clubs , with their bitterness and sense of entitlement. We all know who they are!
A proper fan who actually seems to understand how it really works - keep it up lad ( or lass)

The troll kind who pop up on forums are usually 17 year old armchair casual football followers who think football is played on the internet. The kind of goons who call teams "notlob" and "Chavski". When you meet proper football fans they are almost always different. I would say over the last few years 95% of the fans of other clubs I've chatted to, and it's been a lot, say "I've always liked city, at least you're not united, I wish we had your money", or words to that effect.

I can't really remember one who wasn't like that in fact.

You have to remember that a lot of the crap we get is pure jealousy, there is not a real football fan in this country who would not have loved their club being in the same position as us, despite the transparent denials (remember the scenes of joy when Liverpool fans thought they were going to get taken over by Dubai)

No doubt about that, mate. There is no bigger hypocrite than your average loudmouth football fan. I always laugh a bit inside at that comedy sentiment "I wouldn't want the money". As if.

Let me categorically assure any lurking jealous troll that I followed city around the country when we were skint underachievers for 30 years, and I've had 4 years where we've been good. And being good, and going to wembley, and Barcelona, and having butterflies in your stomach for a game like Sunday's, is a million times better.

These balloons talking about "soul" make me laugh, too. Made up shite to hide their jealousy. Same as the guy who's neighbour comes home and parks his Ferrari next to his Mondeo, so he says "bet it costs a fortune to run" through gritted teeth.

Well Wisher said:
You're also in the strange and enviable position of being your rivals' 2nd favourite - Chelsea fans wanted you to win it rather than Liverpool, and Liverpool fans (who have even the remotest ability to step outside themselves) wanted you to win it rather than Chelsea.

Enjoy it while it lasts though because if you really start racking up the trophies you'll soon be just as despised as any successful teams that went before you. Reasons for that will be amplified by the media sucking your collective tinkle, and the FACT that you guys WILL change; With titles comes the feeling of entitlement.

lol Happy days for now though. Get 'r done on Sunday!
I hope it doesn't change us as a club or fan base, fans that would like to be where we have arrived are still related to in ever way because we will never forget Tues night v Crewe away at York the play off final its part of our history and something we should never forget. We are proud to see our club look after not only our supporters but also away fans we are a family club always have been and hopefully always will be.

Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:
Didsbury Dave said:
The troll kind who pop up on forums are usually 17 year old armchair casual football followers who think football is played on the internet. The kind of goons who call teams "notlob" and "Chavski". When you meet proper football fans they are almost always different. I would say over the last few years 95% of the fans of other clubs I've chatted to, and it's been a lot, say "I've always liked city, at least you're not united, I wish we had your money", or words to that effect.

I can't really remember one who wasn't like that in fact.

You have to remember that a lot of the crap we get is pure jealousy, there is not a real football fan in this country who would not have loved their club being in the same position as us, despite the transparent denials (remember the scenes of joy when Liverpool fans thought they were going to get taken over by Dubai)

No doubt about that, mate. There is no bigger hypocrite than your average loudmouth football fan. I always laugh a bit inside at that comedy sentiment "I wouldn't want the money". As if.

Let me categorically assure any lurking jealous troll that I followed city around the country when we were underachievers for 30 years, and I've had 4 years where we've been good. And being good, and going to wembley, and Barcelona, and having butterflies in your stomach for a game like Sunday's, is a million times better.

These balloons talking about "soul" make me laugh, too. Made up shite to hide their jealousy. Same as the guy who's neighbour comes home and parks his Ferrari next to his Mondeo, so he says "bet it costs a fortune to run" through gritted teeth.

Spot on Dave and i spent a fair bit of time wondering why somebody with some money wouldn't invest in a club of our size and support when we were shit myself.

We might talk about character building etcetera playing at Colchester and the likes but i just wish we had been spared some of the thirty five years in the wilderness myself!

Ronnie the Rep said:
Most arsenal fans don't wish us well

Feck them

I wish you hadn't told us that. It'll properly tarnish any possible league victory on Sunday, knowing that lot will be displeased.
Hang on!
I'm over it, now. As you were!

paulchapo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Ducado said:

Let me categorically assure any lurking jealous troll that I followed city around the country when we were underachievers for 30 years, and I've had 4 years where we've been good. And being good, and going to wembley, and Barcelona, and having butterflies in your stomach for a game like Sunday's, is a million times better.

Spot on Dave and i spent a fair bit of time wondering why somebody with some money wouldn't invest in a club of our size and support when we were shit myself.

We might talk about character building etcetera playing at Colchester and the likes but i just wish we had been spared some of the thirty five years in the wilderness myself!

I can honestly remember jokey conversations in pubs along the lines of "one day an Arab billionaire will take us over and we will dominate football" but none of us meant it, or even dreamed it would happen. And I'm pretty sure I don't remember many of us going "Nah. Fuck that. Wouldn't want it. I'd rather have soul and draw 1-1 in front of 11,000 at reading".

Didsbury Dave said:
paulchapo said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I can honestly remember jokey conversations in pubs along the lines of "one day an Arab billionaire will take us over and we will dominate football" but none of us meant it, or even dreamed it would happen. And I'm pretty sure I don't remember many of us going "Nah. Fuck that. Wouldn't want it. I'd rather have soul and draw 1-1 in front of 11,000 at reading".

Same here.I remember thinking,''Lucky bastards,why didn't he choose US???'' when Abramovich took over Chelsea.There is not one football fan in the world wouldn't want it to happen,the sad thing being unless they scrap FFP then for them it never will.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcQkwxEGRYc[/youtube]

This is why I will always dislike the Rodent that is Suarez, the reaction after being sent off, the crocodile tears, his true colours shine through
after the penalty miss, shows him up for what he really is.

A despicable odious cheat, always has been, why he is lauded so much ? when he is a vile contemptuous rat.

The neutrals should do well to remember this, hopefully they do.

Well Wisher said:
You're also in the strange and enviable position of being your rivals' 2nd favourite - Chelsea fans wanted you to win it rather than Liverpool, and Liverpool fans (who have even the remotest ability to step outside themselves) wanted you to win it rather than Chelsea.

Enjoy it while it lasts though because if you really start racking up the trophies you'll soon be just as despised as any successful teams that went before you. Reasons for that will be amplified by the media sucking your collective tinkle, and the FACT that you guys WILL change; With titles comes the feeling of entitlement.

lol Happy days for now though. Get 'r done on Sunday!

Too old to change now. I think you'll find that deep down inside most City fans is a little voice that is saying "please do not fuck it up on Sunday" over and over again. This is a historical thing and will never change. Typical City. It's ingrained into us. Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.