City autobiographies

Corky said:
Niall Quinns is quite good, plenty of insite into Adams' and Merson's addictions.

Agree with this, although IMO too much emphasis on Eire/Roy Keane shenanigans. Would have liked to have read a bit more about his days at Maine Road.

The one I would recommend to anyone and one of the best football autobiographys I have read is Stan Bowles. To be fair the majority of his book is based around his time at QPR, but it has some great stories and is as funny as fuck.

lancs blue said:
NQT said:
I've read Bert Trautmann's (bit dull), Mike Doyle's (the guy was an arsehole but at least he admits it), Joe Corrigan's (again dull) and at the moment three chapters into Buzzers which already is miles better than all the others.
Apart from Colin the King are there any recommendations?

Do you mean "Steppes to Wembley" which was published in the 50s or Alan Rowlands excellent biog which has recently been updated I believe, definitely not dull IMO.

Yip, the one written by Alan Rowlands.

When I've finished Buzzer's I'll give Tony Book's a go after everyone's reviews.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.