City 'award prizes' to fans who missed Cup Final

Damn didn't know about that competition! Missed it because I am am happily married, living and working in Paraguay. Got to see the FA Cup on TV and was gutted not to be their celebrating with my family and friends. I always knew that I would miss us winning our first trophy for 35 years but sometimes other priorities crop up. The one advantage is that I get to see every City game, Premiership, Carling Cup, FA Cup, Champion's League and now Europa Cup, on Paraguayan digital TV (complete package) for only £33 a month. Only get to see a couple games a year in England, due to my brother's season ticket when I visit during Christrmas, so I get to feed off the live match atmosphere, till the next time.

I booked a 2 week holiday in the States in February, just knew it wasnt at the end of the season so would just miss a few league games.... didnt know the cup final had been brought forward!
My final day away was the cup final day, so watched it with a few beers on the computer, 10am kick off, got to the airport later on and celebrated at the airport with beers and whiskey and slept all the way home!
Thanksfully I was there for the bus parade on the Monday :)

Gave my ticket to my son. I have seen the Blues win a Cup final many times at Wembley. When I pop my clogs, he can bore everyone with stories about how he was there at the start of the 20 cup finals since the take over.

jimharri said:
There isn't (aren't?) too many things that I would swap for my memories of being there to witness the end of the drought; even the saddle off Charlize Theron's bicycle pales into insignificance compared to that day!
spoke to her a spurs this season, we had a box there and she was guest in someone elses. not as good in real life but would still let her shit in my mouth and i'd gargle on her piss

I had to miss the Cup Final because it was my Sister-in-Laws wedding! I Went to the service but then missed the meal and speeches to watch the game where the reception was being held! Had an emotional cry on my own (as it was full of rags) at the final whistle and then had the predictable row with the Mrs as she knew I wanted to be at the game rather than the Wedding!!

I wont be making the same mistake ever again!!

I just hope and pray that the good times are here to stay so I do see us lift something!!

mekonmcfc said:
jimharri said:
There isn't (aren't?) too many things that I would swap for my memories of being there to witness the end of the drought; even the saddle off Charlize Theron's bicycle pales into insignificance compared to that day!
spoke to her a spurs this season, we had a box there and she was guest in someone elses. not as good in real life but would still let her shit in my mouth and i'd gargle on her piss

Nice to see Mills and Boon still going strong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.