City become the most watched PL team in the US

Not surprised and consistent with below.

I posted this at the back end of last year:

5 of the 6 most viewed PL games in the last 4 seasons involved City.

The Premier League provide the clubs with viewing figure for the total worldwide. We are 3rd behind United and Liverpool. (There wil be less bias for the international market)

In the UK alone, live audiences for City games in 22/23 increased by 14% against a PL average of 6%. (Newcastle had the biggest growth of 44% in the UK)

When PL/domestic games are combined with European games, we had our best ever viewing figures last season AND WERE THE MOST WATCHED TEAM IN EUROPE and, by default, the WORLD.

Remember going to Yankee stadium to watch a New York City fc game once. We were in one of the bars over the road and one of the locals spotted my City shirt. He asked me if I supported ‘The Citys’ not if I supported City like it was a name given to us like the Bulls, Red Sox or Knicks.

Go Citys!

Last edited:
Immense amount of piss boiling to follow on from that today. Shows you how much the tribal nature of fans stops them from seeing that of course this would be obvious. We play virtually always the most games, win the most and have a squad filled with stars for the past decade. The same decade that the US market has grown significantly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.