City bus scheme for home games - bus tracking (P91)

Don’t want to put a dampener on it, as I think it’s a great idea. But you’d have thought they’d find somewhere a bit closer than that to pick up wouldn’t you?

Must be best part of a mile’s walk to the far side of the ground from there.
Half a mile max, poss seems further due to crowd.

Connell car park is sensible.

How was the bus from Boothstown , and what time do they leave at for the Brentford game ?

Think I’ve solved the mystery of the meandering route back to Macc, don’t think double deckers can get under the railway bridge on Kirkmanshulme Lane to get across to Kingsway/A34 hence the diversion out towards Ashton
I think some bus drivers have found that out the hard way!

How was the bus from Boothstown , and what time do they leave at for the Brentford game ?
I’d probably use it for an early 12.30 kick off because parking isn’t brilliant and I’m not that arsed about what time I get home. But it’s not due into Boothstown until nearly 11 o’clock and after the 7.30 Burnley game I was back home in Astley (3 miles further) by 10.25. There will be some that work well, some that are ok ish and some that don’t work at all and won’t survive the trial.

Did anyone get the Blackley bus? How was it, and how many are there? Is it just one bus for each route?
I was, and I'll echo what apple pie corner said above...

Worked really well. It was one double decker but that was plenty, there was 8 of us upstairs but there were probably 20 or so in total.

Me and my daughter were the only ones to get on & off at Blackley. It turned up bang on time and dropped us off opposite Vermilion (took 15mins from Blackley).

We were one of the first back on the bus on the way back (same bus/driver) after giving it a bit of a jog back but there was probably no need as we waited around 10 mins before it set off. Another 15/20mins journey and we were back home.

I only go occasionally but i'd definitely use it again next time I went.

Any feedback from the Bus 7: New Mills-Disley-Great Moor?

I'm particularly interested in the timing of the return journey, especially as the corresponding train was cancelled.

It was annoying to have to sit on the full bus for 20 minutes without someone telling us why we couldn’t leave. The driver was obviously a temporary employee as he usually drives coaches. Nice guy but he didnt know the supposed route as per the web site; we had to keep going to the front of the bus to give him direction; couldn’t use the pay machine (which was a bonus:) ). and didn’t have a clue why we had to sit in the bus park for 20 minutes. The clip board steward didn’t think to tell us why we couldn’t go even though she kept coming on to the bus.
Got home about 3/4 hour later than when I drive but I think it will get better & be worthwhile
It's the Istanbul Experience for those who weren't there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.