City bus scheme for home games - bus tracking (P91)

We drive and park at St Annes in Ancoats, always have done since moving to the Etihad, now 150 quid for the year. On our way in on Tues, we noticed bus 17 from Boothstown. It was reasonably full on the bottom on the East Lancs and then we saw it again as we were walking to the ground after parking. On the way back, we saw it picking up near Holt Town and it was already back in Boothstown when we went past the drop off so reasonably quick I would say. But 8 quid return is steep.

This is fraught with danger once it takes off with buses sailing by stops when full.

I'm out of the area now but until a couple of years would have been a couple of hundred yards from a stop but wouldn't use it.

Good to see CITY trying this but travel cost now is getting very steep and also the time it takes especially midweek games or if train strike. Parking costs also have gone up alot and now restricted parking.

The nearest bus service stop to me is 30 mins in car so no option for me. the trains are a joke and expensive if they show up. Driving a car in Manchester now is a nightmare and and parking costs around the ground gone through the roof.

CITY and Transport Co. need to build in all travel with season ticket - bus, trains, trams all included and more of these - dont charge OAP, children, wheelchair users..... us fans are now paying £100s per year on travel and it is taking longer and more stressful each year...... more money and worse service

Wrong might be the wrong word. Pricey seems better. No issues with them trying it and if it helps fans get to the ground, it‘s great.

Hopefully enough use it to get more busses needed and that might help lower the fare.

A family of 4 is £32 at the moment. Might as well get a parking ticket and park near the ground for that price.
The Family ticket prices appears expensive but I wonder how many they sell, not many.
I imagine the buses are beneficial for those who like a drink, non drivers or those who just don't know where to park! Or, can't manage or fancy a brisk 20/25 minute walk from their vehicle.
(The walk to City centre is really not that far).
Worth pointing out a Family ticket on Metrolink for travel all day on the network is only £7.30.
I'd only consider a match bus if I lived in walking distance of a stop which I dont.

Also I note the Bus Drivers stay with their bus, you are looking at maybe a 5 hour shift for the Driver with most of that time sat on the cushions parked up near the ground. That's where your costs go but nonetheless it's still a good initiative and if it reduces those fucking annoying Uber cars clogging up the road back and to the city centre than that's a bonus!

Reactions: CC1
Need a favour from anyone getting the number 6 on Sunday, nothing too onerous, DM me if you are planning to use the service please.

Good to see CITY trying this but travel cost now is getting very steep and also the time it takes especially midweek games or if train strike. Parking costs also have gone up alot and now restricted parking.

The nearest bus service stop to me is 30 mins in car so no option for me. the trains are a joke and expensive if they show up. Driving a car in Manchester now is a nightmare and and parking costs around the ground gone through the roof.

CITY and Transport Co. need to build in all travel with season ticket - bus, trains, trams all included and more of these - dont charge OAP, children, wheelchair users..... us fans are now paying £100s per year on travel and it is taking longer and more stressful each year...... more money and worse service
What difference will that make if,as you've said, the the system and infrastructure doesn't work.

We drive and park at St Annes in Ancoats, always have done since moving to the Etihad, now 150 quid for the year. On our way in on Tues, we noticed bus 17 from Boothstown. It was reasonably full on the bottom on the East Lancs and then we saw it again as we were walking to the ground after parking. On the way back, we saw it picking up near Holt Town and it was already back in Boothstown when we went past the drop off so reasonably quick I would say. But 8 quid return is steep.

Other bus route into the City centre from Boothstown, Astley etc is the V1 guided bus way. It’s £2 a single journey, you would then either have to walk it or tram it from St Anne’s square which if you do go by tram racks it up to the roundabout the same price of the City bus service. If it’s peeing down like it was against Brentford you would gladly pay to be on the bus. Suppose it’s what your requirements are, convenience or saving money.

Just a thought about these match day buses. With it being a team from Stretford on Sunday will there fans be allowed on the buses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.