City charged by FA for failing to control players against Spurs

Reminds me when Adebayor ran back to his own half after scoring without leaving the pitch yet they wanted to throw the book at him.
Charged with delaying the game..... without watching back I'd guess both of spurs second half goals had a longer break between the goal and kick off.

Still fucking fuming over Sunday!!!!

I'll put my helmet on and get low in the trenches.

I've no problem with City being charged. The decision was awful and whilst I understand the player's frustrations, I don't think you can approve of players harassing officials like that

I've copied this picture from the post match thread. Forget the wording. Is this the sort of example players, as idols and heroes, should be giving to young players? There is a massive problem in youth football with pushy parents, and players, giving dogs abuse, and physical assaults, to officials week in week out. How can the FA ever stop this if they don't punish clubs when they step over the line?
Whilst I agree with your general sentiments, you might equally ask how can you expect players to unquestionably accept such shockingly outrageous decisions without reacting emotionally in the heat of the moment.

I too have no problem with the charge, although the level of "harassment" was nowhere near the level the rags got away with match after match not so long ago, what I do have a problem with is that the ref gets nothing more than a pat on the head and no explanation or reason is given for the decision

Surrounding an official is petulant, no matter what or who plays. That decision was baffling and fueled emotions. Those kind of charges happen at every level 9d football, numerous times in a season. They shouldn't do. It is what it is.

For what? Posting a video and using an acronym He could easily explain that he was commenting about his own actions in recovering and make a KDB like pass There is no way they could charge him It was very clever and well thought out
Yep, you can't be charged for questioning a decision after the game, otherwise every player and manager would be charged after every post-match interview. You only get charged if you personally attack the referee or referees in general.

Dippers fined £37,500 when 8 of their players surrounded Hooper in the game against us a couple of weeks back, lets see what we get for our 6 players

Do I care not one bit it's only a few quid to the club, the refs decision was wrong what do they expect players to do congratulate him.

If the ref had blown for a foul more quickly ie not initially waved play on, there would probably have been no case to charge us with.

There remains the fact that the ref either changed his mind when City recovered or he had his mind changed by voice communication.

So we are owed an apology from Mr Webb whichever because of the refs actions which we may actually consider to be provocative.

I won't hold my breath because we already know the rules both on and off the field are there for us to observe to the letter whereas other teams are allowed ref, var and FFP discretion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.