"City dig heels in over Robinho"

Rammy Blue

good stuff, glad to hear we are not going to be bummed over any deal that may happen.....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/25/robinho-manchester-city-santos

Manchester City have warned Robinho that he may not be leaving Eastlands this month after all, despite the Brazilian forward claiming to be "90% certain" of returning to Santos on loan in the next few days. While City are prepared to discuss loan deals for Robinho – and Benfica are, like Santos, one of a few clubs to have expressed an interest – any move is contingent on a deal being financially worthwhile for the club.

It is also understood that Roberto Mancini will not allow Robinho to depart unless he can replace him with extra attacking cover. This could be supplied as part of a loan exchange arrangement.

Although Emmanuel Adebayor today returned to training at the club for the first time since the traumatic Togo shooting tragedy at the Africa Cup of Nations no one at City is yet sure of the striker's readiness to play again.

Meanwhile, with the fragile Roque Santa Cruz once again sidelined by injury and Craig Bellamy's knees remaining vulnerable, Mancini is not prepared to usher Robinho out of the door unless the arrival of a suitable replacement is guaranteed.

Of equal relevance is the ability of some of Robinho's suitors to pay not just his sizeable wages but a signficant loan fee. City, who would be interested in certain player exchanges, have made it clear they are not prepared to allow another club to benefit from the £32.5m striker while still picking up the majority of his remuneration.

There is also a feeling that, if February begins with no deal struck, Robinho's mind may suddenly become concentrated on playing at optimal levels again. Considering that a World Cup is looming it will not behove the Brazil forward to spend the spring as a passenger. Furthermore, while City's marquee signing has undeniably been playing badly, Mancini is not entirely convinced that he is quite as unhappy in Manchester as some of his advisers have suggested.

Nonetheless Robinho still seems convinced he is Santos-bound and City officials are reported to be due to meet counterparts from the Brazilian club tomorrow. "It's all on the right track," the striker told TV Globo today. "Santos are looking at the duration of my loan."

"Santos want a year, but City want just six months. It's 90% certain. In two or three days it should be sealed," added Robinho, who is believed to be prepared to take a pay cut to leave Eastlands.

The 25-year-old played over 100 times for Santos before leaving Brazil to join Real Madrid in 2005. Santos president Luis Álvaro Ribeiro has also revealed that any deal struck with City could allow the Premier League club first refusal on talented youngsters Paulo Henrique Ganso and Neymar. He said: "They want the first choice to buy the two boys. That does not bother us because we sell the players for the best offer. If City have the conditions to match the offer, they can have the players."

There is also a feeling that, if February begins with no deal struck, Robinho's mind may suddenly become concentrated on playing at optimal levels again. Considering that a World Cup is looming it will not behove the Brazil forward to spend the spring as a passenger.
True. If he's got it in him, that is.

im on the phone to barcelona now arranging a player swap. robinho for messi.

ill keep you all updated.

seem to recall the author of said article, Daniel Taylor, was mentioned on here the other week - can't remember what was said about him however the article reads to me like it has been leaked by City.

I cant see how this proposed move would ever get City any real money.

They can only fit just over 20,000 people in their ground with an average entrance fee apparently equal to £2!

We paid £32m for this lad and only 2 clubs have shown ANY interest in him, both of which want loan deals with City still paying wages.

I expect that the board have some serious buyers remorse on this one.

I really hope its true and we dont let him take the piss out of our club. I dont see why we should let him leave if we have nothing to gain, leave ourselves short when we are competeting for 3 trophies AND be massively out of pocket.

In effect Robinho and his advisors expect us to right off the £32 million we paid and still pay a large portion of his wages so he can go and have a nice holiday in Brazil play for his home town club in a lesuirely manner and get himself fit for the world cup.

We will be a laughing stock if we cave in and this ends up happening, espcially on his ridiculous terms.

If Barca or any other club wanted to do a player swap deal for someone we want fair enough.

Otherwise he needs to get on with it, he can carry on playing shit, not putting in the effort or doing his best in which case he can warm the bench and damage his world cup prospects as he has been doing this season so far.

Or he can act like a pro that cost us £32 million and earns over £100k a week, work hard and try and force his way back into the team.

Unlike some others I dont see why Robinho should do as he likes and shit all over MCFC.

Like i said on a previous thread i would make him sit out his contract as a warning to any other arsey little shit that they cant bum our club because we don't need to sell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.