City documentary 1981.

Blue Streak

Just having a discussion regarding that and we are talking about the interview with John Bond for the managers job at Maine Road. Who is the Scottish director that insists John Bond is now in the 'big time' and tells him 'this isn't Norwich City'....

The guys name escapes me?

Blue Streak said:
Just having a discussion regarding that and we are talking about the interview with John Bond for the managers job at Maine Road. Who is the Scottish director that insists John Bond is now in the 'big time' and tells him 'this isn't Norwich City'....

Ian Niven ?

xgorton said:
Blue Streak said:

Ian Niven ?

No it's Chris Muir. Got it in the end.

City's Board Meeting in that documentary was akin to a committee meeting at a miner's welfare where they're discussing whether to have the darts night on a Tuesday or a Thursday. Small-time.

Fucking unbelievable to think that was a little over three decades ago. It was another world.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
City's Board Meeting in that documentary was akin to a committee meeting at a miner's welfare where they're discussing whether to have the darts night on a Tuesday or a Thursday. Small-time.

Fucking unbelievable to think that was a little over three decades ago. It was another world.

But you can see how the British car industry went tits up can't you!

gordondaviesmoustache said:

I imagine our takeover was was dismissed by the rags, in the same way British Leyland dismissed Nissan and Toyota's arrival.

Swales always gets stick and rightly so because he was an incompetent egotist who nearly destroyed our club but that spineless board of directors are equally culpable in my opinion, Swales and that lot should never have been allowed to ever return to City on freebies post Swales.

philiph20 said:
Swales always gets stick and rightly so because he was an incompetent egotist who nearly destroyed our club but that spineless board of directors are equally culpable in my opinion, Swales and that lot should never have been allowed to ever return to City on freebies post Swales.

the club was being run like a non league club by the board and swales it was a joke even in the interview of john bond swales is playing with a box of matches

but in another part of the documentary it shows who was running the club when swales and
Malcolm Allison was talking about re signing a player Asa Hartford Malcolm took a big smoke of his cigar looked at the camera to say why the fuck am I manager

Love the bit when Swales calls a press conference to announce that the club has sacked Allison and Book.
For some reason Book is at the conference and Swales engages him in a bit of small talk over whether they were sacked at 10am or 10:15
Instead of replying “What the fuck has the time got to do with anything?” Book nobly goes along with the charade and mutters something about it being 10:15

I'm sure he was ably supported by Freddie Pye :-)

From being owned by a video shop bloke to a bloke that owns a quarter of the world. Bit of a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.