City End of Season Party @ Bassment Club Mcr

mancmackem said:
It will be 18 aye J, Chaz will be reet!

Its Naomi my younger one i was worried about but as its 18 she'll be fine, Chazrlottes now 20, makes me feel bloody old and we'll have Emily with us her best mate and mad City fan.

Blue2112 said:
mancmackem said:

Its Naomi my younger one i was worried about but as its 18 she'll be fine, Chazrlottes now 20, makes me feel bloody old and we'll have Emily with us her best mate and mad City fan.

Be good to see you tomorrow Josh, see you at the bar for a chinwag.

Bet tomorrow will be an incredible moment, especially for you.

mancmackem said:
Blue2112 said:
mancmackem said:

Be good to see you tomorrow Josh, see you at the bar for a chinwag.

Bet tomorrow will be an incredible moment, especially for you.

My old man got season tickets for us in 76 and said son this teams going places, have kept them ever since and two of his mates that dropped away and they've stayed in the family ever since with Charlotte, Naomi and Mrs 2112. His words back then are finally ringing true.

But its gonna be a great day for all of us mate....

Ive never been so sure of us winning a game before as I am tomorrow, so yes I will see you at the bar for a toast to the Blues and a Premiership trophy.

Blue2112 said:
My old man got season tickets for us in 76 and said son this teams going places, have kept them ever since and two of his mates that dropped away and they've stayed in the family ever since with Charlotte, Naomi and Mrs 2112. His words back then are finally ringing true.

Ive never been so sure of us winning a game before as I am tomorrow, so yes I will see you at the bar for a toast to the Blues and a Premiership trophy.

I've just posted this in a Kinkladze thread...

"A man that held the beacon of light around those dark days. As a kid he made the day special, the drive to Moss Side, the walk to the ground, up the steps to the North Stand and wait....Wait for that one flick, turn, drop of the shoulder, dribble and shot.

All of this whilst my Dad to the side of me knew the bad times we were in, shelling out money for us to go that we didn't have really. Hopefully Kinky put a smile on his face too as he did mine."

I think for a lot of lads my age (28), Kinkladze is one of the only reasons why we hold optimism in this modern era. But after Howard Webb blew that whistle at Newcastle, looking around the stands and onto the pitch, that feeling of optimism took hold and I turned to my mate and said "That's it for me." (meaning I thought we'd done it). It's completely new to me, but I don't feel awkward feeling this way. It's genuine, and I think at that moment will be the time I look back and say I changed as a City fan.

mancmackem said:
Blue2112 said:

I've just posted this in a Kinkladze thread...

"A man that held the beacon of light around those dark days. As a kid he made the day special, the drive to Moss Side, the walk to the ground, up the steps to the North Stand and wait....Wait for that one flick, turn, drop of the shoulder, dribble and shot.

All of this whilst my Dad to the side of me knew the bad times we were in, shelling out money for us to go that we didn't have really. Hopefully Kinky put a smile on his face too as he did mine."

I think for a lot of lads my age (28), Kinkladze is one of the only reasons why we hold optimism in this modern era. But after Howard Webb blew that whistle at Newcastle, looking around the stands and onto the pitch, that feeling of optimism took hold and I turned to my mate and said "That's it for me." (meaning I thought we'd done it). It's completely new to me, but I don't feel awkward feeling this way. It's genuine, and I think at that moment will be the time I look back and say I changed as a City fan.

Indeed they were dark days for the club and us as fans but thats all about to change for good.

I walked out at half time against Bradford, I think we won the game 1-0 with a last minute Tony Vaughan winner. I walked across the Kippax car park and straight into the Sherwood and got pissed out of my head. I knew we was going to get relegated that season, there was apathay in the boardromm and on the pitch and I thought it had crept into the stands and we'd also accepted our fate. I wanted to make a protest so much I went home and the following morning ripped up my season ticket and took a sabatical. Weeks later that fan did the same thing on the pitch and it made the point I felt weeks earlier.

I attended the last game of the season as a guest of Willie Donachie, i'd interviewed him for BTH' s fanzine (Willie was my boyhood here) and told him i'd given up. He brought me back into the fold and as I sat and watched us lose to QPR in typical City fashion with Jamie Pollocks og I knew this was a place you can never walk away from.

Tomorrow will be the start of every dream we've ever dream't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.