City FA Youth Cup winners 2019/20!!!

I was extremely impressed with the Players last night and in the semi but I must say the U18`s coach Carlos Vicens has Impressed me immensely. I think we`ve found a really good and intelligent guy who can bring this team and especially these individuals to the highest levels

Managed to watch the last half an hour or so, really enjoyed it and congrats to the lads.

I think the biggest compliment I can pay them is that they all looked excellent, individually and as a team, and nice to see a very handy left back in a city shirt too! Chelsea obviously a very good team but the way we snuffed out the danger repeatedly was impressive, and going forward we were just better than them.

Hope to see lots of them in our first team in coming seasons. Its not just one or two who may make it here, have a feeling we may be seeing more than half in our squad in 3-4 years. I truly hope Pep sees that too and wants to stay and shape the futures of this next generation.

Great result for the academy. Even sweeter that we beat Chelsea in the final after they've won the previous 3 against us.

That was our 5th final in 6 years, which is quite a promising pattern. It shows the quality is there, we just need a better system to elevate those players into the first team.

Tonight's game is huge for the academy. Win tonight and we've all but sealed our progression into the next stage. There could be a couple of risk-free games in which we could play a handful of them as a reward.
That's a very good point. The congested fixture list of this season will also create opportunities for them when games are won early.

It's such a shame that the 5 sub rule wasn't introduced and also that there will be no crowds. Getting gametime in front of 50,000 baying foreigners would be a wonderful experience for these lads.

I'm nominating Hodge and Braaf as the two who will make it right to the top.

That's a very good point. The congested fixture list of this season will also create opportunities for them when games are won early.

It's such a shame that the 5 sub rule wasn't introduced and also that there will be no crowds. Getting gametime in front of 50,000 baying foreigners would be a wonderful experience for these lads.

I'm nominating Hodge and Braaf as the two who will make it right to the top.
The refusal to allow 5 subs was so short sighted,especially in this unique season.However,i'm sure the best kids will still get opportunity.

I'd add Palmer and Mbete to your choices,but then again,other than the keeper and perhaps Egan Riley,i think they all have a chance.Hopefully the majority with us.

I bet Dortmund are sniffing around already, we have to include some of these a lot more in the first team this season or risk losing more talent. Palmer, Dionkou and Doyle are the three that should be included the first.

I was extremely impressed with the Players last night and in the semi but I must say the U18`s coach Carlos Vicens has Impressed me immensely. I think we`ve found a really good and intelligent guy who can bring this team and especially these individuals to the highest levels

None of these players will be playing under Vicens though. They’re all EDS players and Enzo Maresca is the EDS coach.

Chelsea fan.

Defeat is always hard to take but I find it's often just a little bit easier when there is no doubt that the better team won. Your lads were better than ours all night and deservedly collected the trophy. You look to have some good players there. Good luck to them for their futures.
Thanks for coming back on and thanks for the honesty and praise.Hopefully as many of the 22 as possible go on to have fantastic careers.

Who impressed you most in a City shirt?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.