City Fans V Bayern Fans

Rodney said:
The constant singing and movements are well choreographed and a spectacle for their own sake if you like that sort of thing (if you do then the last night of the proms may be your thing). Constant singing is just that, it is not supporting your team (it is probably more about "look at us") and in my view it is like the soundtrack of the playground- childlike and childish.

Couldn't agree more. When Bayern scored their first it seemed like an irritant as they had to stop singing the song that they'd just started up! This sort of thing was a novelty a few years ago and I must admit that I was originally impressed by it. But over time it's annoying me more and more.

ballinio said:
summerseat blue said:
I watched a german game on sunday. Frieburg v E. Frankfurt. The home fans were doing there usually chanting and then they conceded a comical own goal, they just carried on as nothing had happened. You would expect a little reaction on what is actually happening on the pitch. But nothing, just kept on chanting the same shite.
Bang on , theres noise and then theres atmosphere,its all about them, the actual game is incidental & not that important. Shite is right
I don't think it's shite; it can be impressive. It's certainly better than sitting/standing in silence.

But i've started a thread called "Traditional English Atmsophere" in the 1894 Forum saying how i feel when an TEA is apparent and in full flow there's nowt better and we should be aiming to improve that side of our atmosphere, along with the colour and flags/banners that Ultras and some sets of Enlgish fans can have (like we have from time to time). rather than trying to copy songs thirty sets of Ultras all sing all the time.

For me, once you've seen one set of Ultras you've seen them all - with the exception of Aris who i thought were like fans sent from the Gods! They are different to what i've seen and heard from the Germans.

Unfortunately our TEA isn't nearly apparent enough from us and across the country.

levets said:
Why Always Ste said:
You might aswell save your money and stay at home then Levets.
The key difference between watching on the Tv and going to the stadium is Atmosphere.... something you don't give a bollocks about.

Don't talk daft Ste...

I've followed City since 1972...done things you wouldn't dream of, seen things you'll never see.

The atmosphere is generated by whats happening on the pitch... not some fat ego tripping capo with a fucking megaphone...

My enjoyment nowadays is seeing City win... Christ, I've seen enough shite.

Our atmosphere is not as bad as some of the 'jesters' on here would have you believe.

Sounds like you do care to me, as your gettin pretty wound up over the whole thing.

I certainly care about the atmos. I just can't see why so many don't care that its so flat !. That's the whole reason of goin!. Otherwise, ya may as well watch it on tv. I find it an embarressment At times because the atmos is so poor . These things need to be said so things can be done about it . Thankfully, these things are bring raised and groups and the club are lookin at resolving the problem . To me, goin to a football match and sittin in silence is like goin to a rave and sittin in the corner all night .

BlueHalli said:
levets said:
Why Always Ste said:
You might aswell save your money and stay at home then Levets.
The key difference between watching on the Tv and going to the stadium is Atmosphere.... something you don't give a bollocks about.

Don't talk daft Ste...

I've followed City since 1972...done things you wouldn't dream of, seen things you'll never see.

The atmosphere is generated by whats happening on the pitch... not some fat ego tripping capo with a fucking megaphone...

My enjoyment nowadays is seeing City win... Christ, I've seen enough shite.

Our atmosphere is not as bad as some of the 'jesters' on here would have you believe.

Sounds like you do care to me, as your gettin pretty wound up over the whole thing.

I certainly care about the atmos. I just can't see why so many don't care that its so flat !. That's the whole reason of goin!. Otherwise, ya may as well watch it on tv. I find it an embarressment At times because the atmos is so poor . These things need to be said so things can be done about it . Thankfully, these things are bring raised and groups and the club are lookin at resolving the problem . To me, goin to a football match and sittin in silence is like goin to a rave and sittin in the corner all night .

I think you miss the point I'm making...

a) You don't go for the atmosphere at all. You go to watch City
b) I don't care about the constant drivel that Bayern/Dortmund/Poznan/Aris chant
c) The atmosphere at English games is 'spontaneous'... not pre selected choreographed bollocks.
d) OUR atmosphere isn't as bad as some of the 'Glee' fanatics suggest.
e) Who sits in silence... I'm hoarse and have a sore throat after every game.

The Bayern support was impressive but as far as I'm concerned they can keep it.

Before the game the massed red and white were there but not a peep out of them, until... their team came out (only half the City support in their seats by this time of course) and then there was non-stop noise until their team went off at half time. Same for the second half.

And from where I was stood, the chanting didn't seem to interact with the game or the City chants. TBH, all their chantings sounded petty much the same and whilst very loud was also characterless.

The night proved to me that the English would just be no good at doing a Nuremberg-style rally.

levets said:
franksinatra said:
bayern blade said:
With respect speaking as someone who has been to hundreds of games in Germany that's bollocks. Of course the vast majority of fans react to what is going on on the pitch.

I must admit I prefer the atmospheres generated in Italian or Spanish system which does seem directly in response to what is happening on the pitch and includes the full emotions of human behaviour dependent upon the performance

The first time I went to a German game I was awe struck by the organisation and layout but then, having visited a few other stadiums, it all felt pretty much the same. Hamburg, Frankfurt, Schalke the grounds were very similar although Bremen was more like returning to a traditional English ground.

Incidentally although German fans are rightly lauded for the noise they make, the grounds I visited there was one singing end and the rest of the ground was deathly silence similar to english grounds

Personally, I don't give a bollocks about the atmosphere as long as we win.

I go to watch City, not some fucking jesters doing a sequence from Glee....

all this german fans are the best and we are boring ect.. is a load of bollocks. our support in plzen shit all over what the germans done and there was only 600 of us without a drum and nobs stood at the front telling us what to do..

BezzMCFC said:
levets said:
franksinatra said:
I must admit I prefer the atmospheres generated in Italian or Spanish system which does seem directly in response to what is happening on the pitch and includes the full emotions of human behaviour dependent upon the performance

The first time I went to a German game I was awe struck by the organisation and layout but then, having visited a few other stadiums, it all felt pretty much the same. Hamburg, Frankfurt, Schalke the grounds were very similar although Bremen was more like returning to a traditional English ground.

Incidentally although German fans are rightly lauded for the noise they make, the grounds I visited there was one singing end and the rest of the ground was deathly silence similar to english grounds

all this german fans are the best and we are boring ect.. is a load of bollocks. our support in plzen shit all over what the germans done and there was only 600 of us without a drum and nobs stood at the front telling us what to do..

Absolutely agree Bezz.... Our support is spontaneous and at times brilliant.

BezzMCFC said:
levets said:
franksinatra said:

Agree totally. Thought our fans were superb in Plzen...and that was just in the Home section. Mind you I had consumed seven pints of Pilsner!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.