City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

aguero93:20 said:
Henkeman said:
Victoria-bahs said:
BBCBlueTuesday: Despite newspaper reports, UEFA says there's no new special investigation into @MCFC under its Financial Fair Play regulations

can you make it bigger

Please sue him pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee expose him as a liar cheat paid for a non story!

Be nice if UEFA could actually be directly quoted.

I agree, the club should get a written confirmation from UEFA that they aren't and never have been planning a 'special investigation' and that this sporting stupidity fuckwit is talking shite and then sue the c**t, it's getting ridiculous at this stage.
Technically I suspect we are under 'Special Investigation' since our books are examined every 6 months rather than yearly due to 'failing' FFP.
What is not true is that we are under a 'New Special Investigation'.

ColinLee said:
Henkeman said:

I agree, the club should get a written confirmation from UEFA that they aren't and never have been planning a 'special investigation' and that this sporting stupidity fuckwit is talking shite and then sue the c**t, it's getting ridiculous at this stage.
Technically I suspect we are under 'Special Investigation' since our books are examined every 6 months rather than yearly due to 'failing' FFP.
What is not true is that we are under a 'New Special Investigation'.

Either way the point stands, he claims as fact in that ridiculous article that we're under special investigation for defrauding our books specifically concerning the Lampard and Garcia deals, that's a fucking libel case.

I quote from MCFC Financial Fair Play Statement of 16 May 2014:-

"Given the unique nature of the new City Football Group structure - which incorporates MCFC, New York City, Melbourne Heart and a number of other companies - the club has agreed to certain non-material terms in order to make FFP reporting as easy as possible for UEFA to discern."

Could one of our accountants enlighten me as to what these "non-material terms" might be, and to what impact they might have on the credibility of the artcles which have appeared in the Mail and the Telegraph?

As for M> Dupont's chances of success in court, I believe they are very high indeed. Though the times appear to bring into favour the concepts of financial prudence and living within one's means, the right of shareholders to invest is enshrined in black and white in European law, investment is seen as the only viable path to a prosperous future and no other body imposes an obligation to make a profit, and certainly not every year at the cost of investment for the future.. What UEFA wishes is to compel clubs to break even in the single sphere of purchasing and paying players. As Dupont argues, what FFP wants is nothing less than a permanent ban on investment on one particular kind of asset. This is a power that no other commercial or industrial body would dare to claim for fear of falling foul of laws to prevent cartels. UEFA is also prepared to abuse its market position to impose this ban and its justification of such a step is confused, contradictory and unconvincing. I will be amazed if Dupont does not win major changes, at the very least, in FFP. My bet is that the "break even" rule will be thrown out lock stock and barrel.

I'm well aware of the PR maxim that says be careful about confirming or denying everything as then failure to do so for subsequent stories leaves you open to suspicion. but this one seems to be (a) a serious accusation and (b) demonstrably false, and it has gone round the world.

So we should be saying something like "This story has no foundation whatsoever. There is no specific investigation by UEFA into these companies, outside the normal FFP processes. Our structure and books are open to scrutiny from UEFA, we have been open with them about our subsidiary companies and their transactions, nothing has been hidden and there has been no attempt to mislead or mis-state our figures. We therefore reject these allegations completely."

The fact we have kept conspicuously silent gives me some hope that we are consulting our lawyers to see if further action is justified and have been in contact with Harris and The Mail.

We were quick enough to sue The Sun (I think) over false allegations that the Sheikh had given all members of the squad expensive watches. If we'll sue over that, then we should certainly sue over this.

I remember quite some time agoI posted about City changing the way football clubs do business and that FFP and the rest of the football world will take a decade to catch up.

We have seen even at the start of the CFG family of clubs that that is now proving to be the case.

Journalists are also showing how their opinions and thought processes are well behind the curve and in the case of some are set in aspic.

What amazes me though is the lack of movement by any other club to start the process of modernisation to match the vision of CFG.

The MCFC brand started this decade way behind all the other major European brands but the way things are moving it wont be long until the sales of merchandise etc from CFG clubs will dwarf all the others.

The real problem for MCFC and CFG is to move at a pace which doesnt scare UEFA too much.

Without FFP where would CFG be now?

Prestwich_Blue said:
I'm well aware of the PR maxim that says be careful about confirming or denying everything as then failure to do so for subsequent stories leaves you open to suspicion. but this one seems to be (a) a serious accusation and (b) demonstrably false, and it has gone round the world.

So we should be saying something like "This story has no foundation whatsoever. There is no specific investigation by UEFA into these companies, outside the normal FFP processes. Our structure and books are open to scrutiny from UEFA, we have been open with them about our subsidiary companies and their transactions, nothing has been hidden and there has been no attempt to mislead or mis-state our figures. We therefore reject these allegations completely."

The fact we have kept conspicuously silent gives me some hope that we are consulting our lawyers to see if further action is justified and have been in contact with Harris and The Mail.

We were quick enough to sue The Sun (I think) over false allegations that the Sheikh had given all members of the squad expensive watches. If we'll sue over that, then we should certainly sue over this.

I'd be far happier to see us sue Harris than the Daily Fail, they'll be easily able to absorb the cost and will just find another angle to slag us off from whereas that odious little shit has been flinging shit in our direction for quite a while now and a successful lawsuit would not only teach him a lessson but could also seriously impact on his quality of life (not that he has much of one anyway going by his actions).

Hey Guy,

I am a final year university student. I am currently writing my undergraduate dissertation of UEFA's Financial Fair Play Regulations to answer the question are they fair to English clubs. I have created a questionnaire. Please can you take the time to complete the questionnaire.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3YVPMVK

Many Thanks,

Cobwebcat said:
Chippy_boy said:
sam-caddick said:
What percentage chance do you think DuPont has of winning?

I am kindof ambivolent about it now.

From a purely ethical point of view, I am hoping it's thrown out since the whole thing was so obviously ill-intentioned and corrupt.

But that said, City have been penalised and whereas we can debate the extent of the damage, the penalties (and indeed the restrictions themselves before we have been sanctioned) have certainly held us back. I find it difficult to imagine that we would not now be in an even better place had FFP never existed. Doubtless I am sure, we would have signed a few players we've missed out on, and we may very well have done better in the CL by now.

It will really irk me if those same restrictions are now about to bite on other clubs (Liverpool, Milan etc) and then they are thrown out.

On balance I think I am probably erring on the side of hoping DuPont loses. That said, any implied vindication of Twatini and his henchmen would be hard to take as well. It's a toughie.

I know what you mean but I hope he wins.

If he loses we are forever in the top 5 football clubs but will ultimately struggle to catch the top 4.

If he wins we are no longer guaranteed to be in the top 5 but have a shot of No1.

That's how I see it anyway.

From a moral point of view its a no-brainer. He has to win.

I want to see what we could do with the restrictions off, maybe not much more than with, but Id rather see the likes of Messi here rather than United because we have one arm tied behind our backs.
Great post, mate.

Henkeman said:
Victoria-bahs said:
BBCBlueTuesday: Despite newspaper reports, UEFA says there's no new special investigation into @MCFC under its Financial Fair Play regulations

can you make it bigger

Please sue him pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee expose him as a liar cheat paid for a non story!

I hope all our Twitterers give this cnut a good piss take.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.