City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

That would stop players signing long contracts .
Down to 12 months 2 years then agents would be creaming fees up n transfer prices would be low
Yeh I was thinking the same,4/5/6 year contracts will be a thing if the past. Maximum 2 year contracts with huge wages and agents fees to replace the big transfer fees.

Is this really gonna get the go ahead?
Don't think so, it won't even have the support of the full G14 as FFP 1.0 did and it's very difficult to see it passing a vote of the full ECA when 1. Quite a few of them have already been bitten by FFP 1.0 and 2. It'll hurt the PL clubs ability to spend, the major Italian clubs ability to catch up to the status quo and everyone else that's not Madrid, Barca and Bayern's ability to make a profit on transfer dealings.

Clubs that won't vote for it?
Most of Serie A
All of Ligue 1
About half the Spanish clubs
Most of the Portuguese ones
All Premier League clubs bar maybe Spurs.

Clubs that will vote for it?
Barca
Madrid (maybe)
Atleti
Bilbao
Sevilla
Few smaller Spanish clubs
Bundesliga clubs
Juventus
Napoli

Edit; forgot the Netherlands and Ukraine, the Dutch clubs bar Vitesse and Breda will possibly be in favour (possibly as the amount talked about is utterly inconceivable to them) and the Ukrainian clubs will be hard against it.

Last edited:
It would move towards like American sports where players usually move at the end of contracts, or are traded for players. Very rarely see players moved for cash.

I’d say it will. Everyone thought the previous FFP wouldn’t happen and it did.
Agreed it would not surprise me if it did go through. These uefa and fifa types have no shame at all. The last setup and the begging letters the old elite sent to fuck us up was almost comical in it's biased extreme manner. It was as close to saying "stop City" as you can get, it still amazes me to this day. It probably goes a long way to me despising the AC milans and Bayerns of this world who had a lot to say about us... just before the germans top brass all got done for fiddling. The fucking ****s, i'd drive a fucking tank on the bayern owners front lawn and piss in his brew the big mouthed corrupt shitbag. The italians are always in trouble for fiddling so that is a given hehe.

If Milan were a drowning man i would just keep my hand on top of their head to make sure of the outcome :-D

But yeah i do not like this crying to mum tact they have taken and i think a lot less of clubs i previously had no truck with. I think a lot of us got really pissed off about it because there was sod all as a fan we could do.

we'd just get more direct swaps (Mkh/Sanchez), Bayern style transfers etc. Not like we have other clubs that can't sign off us. Wonder what happens if we get youngsters to sign directly into CFG as a professional rather than specifically City?

Would love to see the legal challenge.

we'd just get more direct swaps (Mkh/Sanchez), Bayern style transfers etc. Not like we have other clubs that can't sign off us. Wonder what happens if we get youngsters to sign directly into CFG as a professional rather than specifically City?

Would love to see the legal challenge.
We'd have lots of £1 transfers to Breda, Girona among other clubs with £2 buy back clauses.

I thought City had made it clear they won’t tolerate a repeat of what happened when we failed FFP before?

I suspect if it happens we’ll outthink it like we did FFP. It’s not really hurting us now?

FFP is not a problem for manchester city we are right up there with turnover and profit and its growing each season and we now looking for a major kit deal so anything over or near £600million over 10 years is going to happen so the future and FFP may be united need to look at the spending

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.