City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

So do you really think fans of other clubs will be nice about us just because we have different sponsors? They don’t actually give a toss about our sponsors, they just hate the fact we are successful and will find something else to use to put us down even if we were sponsored by Greenpeace and Amnesty International.
Just supposing for a minute that we ditch Etihad from the group, and then they go in with United.
How would those saying "do it" react ?

Yep

Club sponsorship deals worth more than £1 million will have to be submitted to the Premier League to check it is not an “associated party” transaction.

As first reported by The Times, new regulations were agreed last week and sent to clubs, despite opposition from Newcastle United and Manchester City.

If the Premier League board suspects a transaction is from an “associated party” or “is otherwise than at arm’s length”, it will now conduct a “fair market value assessment” to determine whether its value has been evidently inflated.

The threshold for this is deals over £1 million, including payments from associated parties to clubs’ players, managers and senior officials.
Is there anything to suggest these deals are less than £1m?

I wouldnt have thought there would be too many as "low" as that...

Asking for a friend, do Standard Charter have a High Street presence that would in any way attract your average Britain consumer...

It's just that RAWK asks why Etisalat would have any need to sponsor City. You know, being only available in the Emirates and Egypt...

Never change, Dippers. Never change.

We'll need to sort out a few more like these to pay for Haaland. Is that urine I can smell on the wind from the west?
Suck it up boys I think we've a few more associated sponsorships to come. Any noodle companies in the offing?

Not sure where you are coming from with your post and I may have understood your point. However, to carry on (1) any system that even smells of being a Cartel is forbidden in law in all western societies/countries. (2) It is also illegal to prevent a competitor trading/developing by using any means that results from a position of dominance (yours) in that market.
The old G14 clubs colluded to introduce an FFP system based on revenue rather than it's original target of debt. Having seen Chelsea's rise they weren't having City and PSG muscling in. Well that's failed and so the next option is bring in new restrictions around sponsorship deals to try and restrict our, and obviously now, Newcastle's revenue. I was a bit vague, my apologies.

Asking for a friend, do Standard Charter have a High Street presence that would in any way attract your average Britain consumer...

It's just that RAWK asks why Etisalat would have any need to sponsor City. You know, being only available in the Emirates and Egypt...

Yeah its social media how the world is works now! I read it all and take it all with a pinch of salt, it’s all tribalism clicks for £ everyone suspicious everyone questions everything! When read anything now it doesn’t get the same reaction had it been a year ago!

I get it.

They do have a presence in London as a Private Bank to ’non-doms’, looking to maximise revenue by using a ‘Jersey based platform’. Essentially they wash foreigners money in a way that means they will be paying very little or no UK taxes.

They also have a part of the bank call ‘Saadiq’ which is dedicated to Islamic Banking, which they probably purposefully keep quiet about, especially when in Liverpool…

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.