City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

For Ferna no, his contract had expired so effectively he would have been signed on the latest contract as a free agent with zero transfer fee hence no amortisation.

No idea about Zinchs contract

I put 0 for zinchenko because the number would be and is so small that I am sure city just finished it accounting wise lol.

Even worse, City signed Roy Paul after he went off the Bogotá to sign for Millionarios. Columbia were not affiliated to FIFA at the time so no fee would have been payable to Swansea. In the event Paul returned home after failing to settle (an ultimatum from his wife?) and signed for City.

There must be something in that story.
My uncle always said when you see Roy Paul sweating it's not really sweat it's beer after all he had supped in the Claremont pub. But maybe your right not him about a story there. Just maybe, the sweat was because of Columbian marching powder and the Premier League have uncovered this. We are doomed;-)

My uncle always said when you see Roy Paul sweating it's not really sweat it's beer after all he had supped in the Claremont pub. But maybe your right not him about a story there. Just maybe, the sweat was because of Columbian marching powder and the Premier League have uncovered this. We are doomed;-)
It was the Lord Lyon, mate. 4 pints before a game.

Yes we did. But we sold Danilo for 35m and bought Cancelo for 60m. you still have to amortise the Cancelo fee. But our revenues got a nice boost that year with Danilo being sold.

Its why "Swap" deals can be classified as dodgy FFP dealings example the Arthur/Pjanic swap where each player was bought for between 60-80m. Both teams got a nice 60-80m on their revenue then amortised the bought player as a cost for around 10-15m a year instead which basically "saved" them 40-50m each on their accounting books for that financial year.
Thank you for the clarification

Danilo, I’ve seen varying reports of how the deal was done.
That was the player I was thinking of but my memory plays tricks on me at times. Last year I had trouble remembering Joleon Lescott's surname. One of the problems of getting old - I was 21 again last year for the 56th time!!!

With the 5 (hopefully soon to be 6) PL’s, the league cups, FA cups, 100 point season, never dropping out of top 4 over the past 12 seasons, having the best manager in the world, surely there’s a case for an extra £10/20/30mil a year from a renewed Etihad sponsorship deal.

Going deep in the CL is the gift that keeps on giving, which is why Pep and the ownership are so desperate for continued (minimum) SF appearances, and possibly joining that elite number of teams to have won it!

City fans like to sniff at it, but it’s what separates the haves from have nots, and it gets wider with every year it happens.
Without straying too much into what should be on the Liverpool thread..........

This is very important to making the club self-sustaining - no matter how much we sniff at it.

The old G14 group had been well on their way to creating a situation where they completely dominate their leagues - such as Bayern - and design the CL and other European competitions to a structure that ensured their dominance was 'in perpetuity'

They were well on the way and then we have rocked up and thrown a big spanner in the works

That is why the comments from rawk and other 'istree fans' is just so 2-faced and shallow - they just want things back to the way they were when they could indulge their self-entitled attitudes

That is why I want Newcastle to stay up and others clubs to develop in a way that counters the US franchise style that has been taking over the PL

A lot of fans of other clubs should thank us (IMO) - It was nearly too late.........

Last edited:
Uncomfortable reading for the haters

You had that orange Simon Jordon on talksport the other day, asked if we were bigger than Utd he said no because we got to the CL final and they didnt so only reason our figures were higher. Fair enough but he then went on to almost say our deals are dodgy and inflated. I'd love our club to start getting tough on these people who insist we cheat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.