City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Some excellent stuff in that Swiss Ramble twitter thread.

The strides we're making both on and off the pitch are unmatched by any other club.

Could have the 2nd highest revenue in Europe after Real Madrid, that's unreal.

So we've only had £50m of owner funding in the past 5 years upto 2020.

Looks like we're doing alright.

I'm guessing the wage bill increase as noted by Swiss Ramble as being the highest ever in PL history is strongly linked to performance related bonuses in players contracts so part of the benefit of getting to CL final in revenue terms is filtered through to the playing staff?

Also would assume that more matches played in the financial year meant more bonuses (win bonuses, goal bonuses etc) being paid out to the players?

Makes you realise making a profit is a waste of time for these clubs. Any profit made is taxable and shows you’ve not maximised your investments to get that extra 1% on the pitch.
City profit £2m
Bayern profit £2m
Madrid profit £1m

Maximise your revenue and spend it on your squad. Clearly these 3 are the ones getting it right in their leagues

Haha. My Grandad said it was the Parkside. He must have got about a bit
I grew up in Moos Side and went drinking in my local (The Claremont) as well as the Lord Lyon, Parkside, Sherwood etc. in the 1980s and all the old-timers could never agree on the amount he drank before a game (never less than 4) but they invariably said it was the Lord Lyon he drank in. But as you say, he may well have got about a bit. By the way, there were lots of stories about his extra-curricular activities. Seems he was a bit of a lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.