City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Don't think we can use CAS over a dispute with the PL.
That's what I meant by not sure where or if possible in the UK sorry. I know clubs sign up to say any arbitrition with the Prem will be settled out of court so not sure it would even be possible to challenge any final decision they make.

My expectation with this PL investigation is as follows:

- They will charge us with some sort of wrongdoing after yet more lobbying from our rivals
- There will be some sort of settlement between us & the PL to draw a line in the sand as both parties clearly want this done with, probably with some sort of fine or withholding of PL revenues to us
- If City refuse the above it'll go down the CAS route (not sure where in the UK or if possible) & we'll end up with another fine for non-cooperation.

Most of this is based purely of the article Slbsn did in the Daily Mail.
cant see us admitting guilt again we fell for that one already, prove it or shut up

Operation mudslinging is still well and truly still an ongoing enterprise then I see. If we've fought off UEFA then surely we can do the same to the Premier League if they try one on. This is just another attempt to sully our name in the media to tarnish fans views. Most importantly though and the only thing I'm mildly upset about is that it's also saying to any other potential sponsors/investors "Look, do you really want all this shit thrown at you should you partner up with City?" It may put a few off.

Don't think we can use CAS over a dispute with the PL.
And I don't think the club would want to or do any sort of "deal" with the Premier League.

In fact the PL need to be careful , we are no longer a lone wolf and have a very powerful and influential friend in Newcastle.

I agree, I just don't know if any final PL ruling can be challenged & where. Maybe someone more clued up on this can advise @Prestwich_Blue etc
My understanding is that appeals to CAS have to be agreed as part of any dispute resolution procedure. Otherwise CAS won't intervene. I don't believe the PL rules include the possibility of CAS arbitration so that avenue would be closed.

However, nothing stops us escalating any dispute via the legal system, if there appear to be grounds to do so. We have done this already about procedural aspects of this investigation and I'm sure we'll have no hesitation in doing so again if the need arises.

My understanding is that appeals to CAS have to be agreed as part of any dispute resolution procedure. Otherwise CAS won't intervene. I don't believe the PL rules include the possibility of CAS arbitration so that avenue would be closed.

However, nothing stops us escalating any dispute via the legal system, if there appear to be grounds to do so. We have done this already about procedural aspects of this investigation and I'm sure we'll have no hesitation in doing so again if the need arises.

I think this is correct… if there’s an agreed dispute resolution procedure - like CAS then we’d have to use that and the existence of such a procedure would usually prevent any recourse to the courts. However, in the absence of such a procedure I doubt there’s anything to stop City hiring the best and giving the PL a good kicking in the high court….. should they feel the process or it’s findings are unfair and there’s been plenty of noise thus far re City’s views about the lack of independence in the process. The PL like UEFA is steeped with overblown egos and tribal agendas. The odds of that lot overseeing an objective and legally compliant process is virtually nil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.