City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

No. But maybe they should tell all clubs that in 2023/24 season (ie next season) these new rules will be brought in thus giving all other clubs the chance to do what Chelsea have done with no repercussions

However, using your comments - back in 2012ish UEFA had no qualms moving the goalposts to enable them to “investigate” City re wages & our accounts AFTER they had told us we would be within the new rules. The result was we fell foul of new rules AFTER they had been brought in & we all know what followed. So, whilst I don’t condone UEFA’s inability to run the game fairly, I just want consistency in their decisions

I would imagine that there would be a provision in the rewritten rules such that any longer contract would be taken into consideration.

With the new approach for FFP having transfer fees as a fraction of income, it may be the difference between being within the rules or not; either way, having an e.g. 10m exemption is fairly easy to keep track of.

I remember that all clubs were given a 'toolkit' with guidelines to work out if they were within FFP. We interpreted a part of them to mean we could exclude wages from a certain date and put the results in to them. They decided that we'd misinterpreted it and instead of coming back to us just failed us.

Didn't they move the exemption date after our accounts were submitted?

I remember PB’s input. It was clear at the time that we were shafted. The new rules on contracts will certainly be carefully worded so that Chelsea are fine & will be the last club allowed to give such long contracts to help them pass FFP

I remember PB’s input. It was clear at the time that we were shafted. The new rules on contracts will certainly be carefully worded so that Chelsea are fine & will be the last club allowed to give such long contracts to help them pass FFP

Anyone who buys a playing In January and gives them a 10 year deal is fine the rule starts in the summer

Anyone who buys a playing In January and gives them a 10 year deal is fine the rule starts in the summer
Yes but the window is nearly closed & the new rules come into force before the summer transfer window. Chelsea’s amortisation over 8 years has helped them spend over £500 million. Something no other club will be able to do.

Yes but the window is nearly closed & the new rules come into force before the summer transfer window. Chelsea’s amortisation over 8 years has helped them spend over £500 million. Something no other club will be able to do.
It will also hamper them going forward as the fees will be on the books for nearly a decade.

Swings and roundabouts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.