City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Not really, but they have built up an asset value that would see them make a profit.

UEFA are so small time, with a view a business has to break even over a period of time or so much of their revenue can be spent etc.

I don’t think there’s much wrong with that view to an extent as plenty of clubs have gone under from spending beyond their means. The issue to me has always been they only look at the p&l and not the balance sheet. If owners can cover the debts and it’s not put on the clubs themselves, then the risk to the club is gone. If they really cared about protection of clubs, they’d reduce the amount of debt allowed to be on the clubs book.

Current FFP isnt really about caring for the protection of clubs though, as we all know…

I'm still convinced we've been canny with our pennies in preparation for a major, staged rebuild which started last summer with the departures of Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko & Fernandinho.

The last thing we want is UEFA breathing down our necks, whilst we're trying to handle our business. With our net-spend track record over the last 4 years, surely we must have built up a sizeable war chest?

Accruing the funds is one thing, the other is making every penny count, whilst getting as much value for money as possible. It's time to get our balls out & make a statement of intent...

meme.jpg

So, Leicester write off 130 debpt paid off by owner (for a second time) and Chelsea wipe oo 1.5bn debt to Abromovich....

Why can't our owners give us a huge loan and then wipe it off???
Have to pay tax on that write off...

Not sure if the 1.5b write off is true or you're joking. But be a tax charge at 23% for Chelsea if its in this yrs accounts.

Not sure what their bottom line is but be surprised if it could take that hit without making a massive loss.

Be a big p&l hit for Leicester too.

I don’t think there’s much wrong with that view to an extent as plenty of clubs have gone under from spending beyond their means. The issue to me has always been they only look at the p&l and not the balance sheet. If owners can cover the debts and it’s not put on the clubs themselves, then the risk to the club is gone. If they really cared about protection of clubs, they’d reduce the amount of debt allowed to be on the clubs book.

Current FFP isnt really about caring for the protection of clubs though, as we all know…
You're right of course but what really matters is that the EPL and UEFA are cartels and they don't want some Johnny Come Lately pushing their way in with all their money and spoiling things for the cartel.

You're right of course but what really matters is that the EPL and UEFA are cartels and they don't want some Johnny Come Lately pushing their way in with all their money and spoiling things for the cartel.

Agreed, like I said, we all know the real purpose behind the current implementation!

Not sure if the 1.5b write off is true or you're joking. But be a tax charge at 23% for Chelsea if its in this yrs accounts.

Not sure what their bottom line is but be surprised if it could take that hit without making a massive loss.

There’s no p&l hit to Leicester is there?

I'm sure i saw reports that terms of sale for Chelsea included writing off the debt to Abramovich & investing 1.5bn in the club to include players and new stadium. Maybe that's how they are affording the massive outlay.

I think there is no issue with investment and no issue with owners running how they want to reason.

Think leveraged buy outs should not be allowed and there should be regulation.

However, 70% of turnover on wages, transfers, agent fees. Leaving 30% for investment in infrastructure etc. It’s far too restrictive.

UEFA are wrong on not allowing people to have 8 year contracts if they want them, any one could do them and seems a risk to me, but one people should be allowed to make.

Just against this, someone doesn’t like it and UEFA react.

Platini was the worst actually changed the rules once on owner investment for Italian clubs and then back (even said they can’t make up their mind). Surely it’s your rules on what you think is best.

No club has a right to always be at the top and football does not work that way (as we have seen), but these rules always give the select clubs away back to the top (seeing United coming competitive again despite years of mismanagement, Juve will bounce back etc). That’s what this does and with the latest changes an excuse for owners to create a profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.