City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Chippy_boy said:
Neville Kneville said:
jrb said:
We've already got ouR targets. See Ferran Soriano interview.

Progression through the CL is about the luck of the draw, as much as anything else. We will still have 13 1st players available. The rumour was £50mill. It's down to £20mill over 2 seasons. The new BT CL sponsorship deals starts in 2015. Easy!

Absolutely this. What the fuck are people moaning about ? People keep going on about us signing these 'top' players.

Ffs, we just won the league & have been targeting certain players since Christmas. That didn't include Ronaldo, it was centre backs, def mids & maybe Sagna, plus the odd kid. Sheikh Mansour doesn't want to spend 100 fucking mil on players every year.

We are in line to sign exactly who we want.

Would it not have been good to get Isco if we wanted to? Or Fabregas perhaps? And we can forget any dreams of Messi or other galacticos for the forseeable future. Not sure how realistic that was anyway. But now we have a situation where other clubs with greater worldwide revenues - scum, real, barca, bayern etc - could spend more than us on transfers and wages. Now we are burdened even further. They can spend even more than us than previously, and they don't have squad restrictions either.

There is no way to dress this up as anything other than a kick in the teeth. Will we live? Yes. But it's still a kick in the teeth.

We can't keep buying up all the players. We have to act like other top clubs and just buy the one or two important players we need each year. We have to keep players happy too - the squad is big enough already

chedinho said:
VOOMER said:
If the goalposts have been moved why are agreeing to this?

why fight to let everybody else in.we are safe now,untouchable.

we will make so much money that arsenal wont ever get near us.

im actually sad for the teams like everton and villa etc,its up to them to take uefa to court.

Didn't they vote for ffp?

johnmc said:
How's this work with regards transfers. I've read we are restricted to £60m in transfers this summer. But from an accounting point of view transfers are amortised so they spread over the length of the contract.

So given that we are judged on ffp on accounts per year ie amortised fees how can tbey restrict the fees we pay this summer as part of the total amount.

A £30m signing over a 3 year contract is more expensive than a £40m signing on a 5 year contract basically in accounting terms.

Prestwich?

Don't go on News Now.

We've lost apparently. ;-)

BlueAnorak said:
Basically, UEFA excluded the revenue from selling IP rights to the City Football Group (about £25m) which meant that we failed FFP by about £15m and couldn't remove the wages from pre June 2010 contracts (about £80m) leaving a total failure of £95m. The Etihad deal is fine as is the sale of IP to an unknown party.
I don't agree with that BA. In the PSG statement, it specifically mentioned that the QTA deal had been significantly reduced but it didn't say anything about exclusions in our statement. But the club/UEFA statement talked about not including such deals in future accounts. I take that to mean that they couldn't remove them from our calculation (as there were no grounds in the FFP rules to do so) but came to a face-saving agreement, which is meaningless as they were one-offs, not to include these in future.

It seems from the club statement it's the £80m they've screwed us on, having assured people (not just us) that there was scope for excluding some of the wages on re-negotiated contracts. As I said, it was Swiss Ramble who told me this and he'd got it straight from Nyon.

End of the day the club have judged this the best way forward . We have to trust them but I do hope we have learned siome valuable lessons in terms of media, perception and dealing with snakes .

As fans we need to make sure let Uefa know our feelings at the CL

When we win sheikh mansoor flocking the vs at the French twat

Chippy_boy said:
Armitage said:
2 Things to say:

1) Fine is less than extra Premier League Revenue from previous season due to BT deal
2) Fine is less than extra Champions League TV pool share 40% instead of 30% from previous season

3) it means we have significantly less to spend than we otherwise would have done. Winning the league is difficult enough without having your wings further clipped.

To put the net investment figure in context, our net investment over the last three years has been around £140 m. That's a net investment of £46.66 million each of the last 3 years. I certainly was not expecting us to spend net €60 million this summer.

That will be more than Liverpool, Arsenal & probable Chelsea will spend.

George Hannah said:
I simply can't believe the club would have agreed to that.

I believe they have. The sanctions are nothing if the squad reductions lets you to skirt the club trained rule. My understanding is that we can name only 13 foreign players in next season's squad. The other eight must contain four association trained and four club trained players.

strongbowholic said:
aguero93:20 said:
strongbowholic said:
and, by accepting the settlement, confirm to the world MCFC cheated by cooking the books.
No. We. Haven't. We've very subtlely put out a public statement that confirms UEFA are cheating. Calm down mate.
Ok, you are walking down the street and a copper stops you and tries to issue you with a spot fine for something you've not done. Do you accept it and in the process confirm your guilt or do you fight your corner and say "sorry plod, see you in court"?

I'm not clever enough to understand the ins and outs of football politics and the subtle nuances of how to play the corridors of power in Nyon so forgive me if my approach is somewhat naive and simplistic. However from where I am sat we've given every **** under the sun license to say "City were fined for failing FFP ergo they cheated, they cooked the books".

UEFA know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

ECA know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

The Premier League know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

City know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

You know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

Even I know FFP is fundamentally flawed.

Why the fuck are we accepting this?

We are NOT accepting guilt. Read the statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.