City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I believe the EC turned down the application on behalf of Bosman, meaning he didn't get a judgement for four years. I suspect this is one reason City seem to have concentrated on negotiating a settlement.

Now there's no fear of FFP being overturned soon, Platini will have a quiet word in someones ear to get them appeal City's settlement. The **** will then try to shaft us even more.

thor said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I believe the EC turned down the application on behalf of Bosman, meaning he didn't get a judgement for four years. I suspect this is one reason City seem to have concentrated on negotiating a settlement.

Now there's no fear of FFP being overturned soon, Platini will have a quiet word in someones ear to get them appeal City's settlement. The **** will then try to shaft us even more.
It would be ironic if the perennially 4th placed finishers, Arsenal, were the ones to do his bidding. By weakening City's prospects in Europe which will do nothing to enhance our coefficient for future competitions, it would harm Arsenal even more. England is in danger of losing it's fourth placed qualifier for the Champions League, and as Arsenal seem to think of finishing fourth as some kind of success, a loss of a place in the competition is going to harm the moaning Wenger more than anyone.

So there's 5 days left for an appeal to be lodged by Arsenal/Everton, or any affected parties? No hint of anything yet

I'm no cynic said:
thor said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

It would be ironic if the perennially 4th placed finishers, Arsenal, were the ones to do his bidding. By weakening City's prospects in Europe which will do nothing to enhance our coefficient for future competitions, it would harm Arsenal even more. England is in danger of losing it's fourth placed qualifier for the Champions League, and as Arsenal seem to think of finishing fourth as some kind of success, a loss of a place in the competition is going to harm the moaning Wenger more than anyone.

England is nowhere near losing its fourth place

LoveCity said:
That annoying twonk Ben Rumsby, who I begrudgingly admit has been right on a fair few FFP matters, says the fine is going to be divided and given to our rival Premier League clubs. Although if we meet the sanctions and get most back as the club expects, it'd give them only £138,000 each. But it's still an insult, considering we've done NOTHING wrong.

It's depressing how UEFA blatantly want to stop us and City can do nothing about it except take the slap on the wrist for now. And with Dupont's challenge failing, there is nothing to stop it continuing.

I hope a fire engulfs UEFA HQ, tbh. Corrupt megalomaniacs.
I thought the withheld CL prize money was being distributed among the other competing clubs (in last years comp presumably)? Although I'm sure UEFA were bleating about putting it into grassroots football initially, giving it to already rich PL clubs doesn't make any sense at all. You would have thought the other, poorer CL clubs would have had something to say about that.

ColinLee said:
LoveCity said:
That annoying twonk Ben Rumsby, who I begrudgingly admit has been right on a fair few FFP matters, says the fine is going to be divided and given to our rival Premier League clubs. Although if we meet the sanctions and get most back as the club expects, it'd give them only £138,000 each. But it's still an insult, considering we've done NOTHING wrong.

It's depressing how UEFA blatantly want to stop us and City can do nothing about it except take the slap on the wrist for now. And with Dupont's challenge failing, there is nothing to stop it continuing.

I hope a fire engulfs UEFA HQ, tbh. Corrupt megalomaniacs.
I thought the withheld CL prize money was being distributed among the other competing clubs (in last years comp presumably)? Although I'm sure UEFA were bleating about putting it into grassroots football initially, giving it to already rich PL clubs doesn't make any sense at all. You would have thought the other, poorer CL clubs would have had something to say about that.
There's nothing about FFP that makes any sense at all!

can't be arse reading the 870 plus pages so don't know if someone has thought same as me, how can anybody be allowed to restrict trade in the european union ? if i bought a business and football is BIG business, why shouldn't i be allowed to invest in that business to make it bigger and stronger than the other businesses classed as my competitors, that surely is illegal under european laws and only the banks should say no if you don't have enough of your own money to invest, if its your cash you should be allowed to invest how you see fit to gain an advantage over your competitors as long as its legal

northstander said:
can't be arse reading the 870 plus pages so don't know if someone has thought same as me, how can anybody be allowed to restrict trade in the european union ? if i bought a business and football is BIG business, why shouldn't i be allowed to invest in that business to make it bigger and stronger than the other businesses classed as my competitors, that surely is illegal under european laws and only the banks should say no if you don't have enough of your own money to invest, if its your cash you should be allowed to invest how you see fit to gain an advantage over your competitors as long as its legal
There are plenty of arguments for not allowing extreme wealth not to distort sport and for a club to monopolise a League's best players. It's what Utd have been doing for 40 years.

But FFP isn't fair. It doesn't tackle financial inequality, it just protects one set of rich clubs from another. It's elitist

UEFA will have taken legal advice before they introduced the regulations so it wouldn't be so easy to knock it over.

Daz_Blue said:
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/20/uefa-defeats-financial-fair-play-challenge?CMP=twt_gu

UEFA win

This was always going to be the case, they already( paid/agreed) one of the top EC guys of the publicly support FPP about 18 months ago

FPP will fail at ECJ level which unfortunately is a slow process 18 months minimum exactly the same as in the Bosman case.

Dupoint has set he expected it would have to go the ECJ previously

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.