City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

anything over 1m will be judged for fair value, anything under isn't checked (deemed an associate).

Yep

Club sponsorship deals worth more than £1 million will have to be submitted to the Premier League to check it is not an “associated party” transaction.

As first reported by The Times, new regulations were agreed last week and sent to clubs, despite opposition from Newcastle United and Manchester City.

If the Premier League board suspects a transaction is from an “associated party” or “is otherwise than at arm’s length”, it will now conduct a “fair market value assessment” to determine whether its value has been evidently inflated.

The threshold for this is deals over £1 million, including payments from associated parties to clubs’ players, managers and senior officials.

I hope Newcastle will announce some crazy deal soon. I want press to go as much against them as they have been coming after us so their energy will be halved. :)

I see we have another one

ABU DHABI, 6th January, 2022 (WAM) -- Manchester City today announced a new global partnership with Masdar, which will see the renewable energy and sustainable development company become an Official Partner of the Club

They can't touch this. According to Lipton in his financial column today, City have signed off on these deals prior to the new Premier League ruling coming in.

Doesn’t matter as long as it’s under 1m

It doesn't matter if it's £30m a season. The recent deals being announced were signed off before the latest rules were votes through.

City also went out of their way yesterday to tell the press pack that they had definitely pulled the plug on that Crypto link up.

The major cash will come in when the books show how much uplift there will be next on the Etihad deal. It won't be announced, the deal will just have the terms improved.

We have a 12 year-old association and the sums will be more than justified.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.