City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

City's failure of FFP seems borderline, so these punishments sound harsh. What's that word... scapegoating. How can we be ranked with PSG when their sponsorship deal is worth 5x our own and when they have spent more money on players in the monitoring period. Surely our punishment should be less severe?

BTW does anyone have Juventus' numbers? I'm sure they posted losses of nearly 100m Euros the year we won our title and very small profits since. Will they be hit?

aguero93:20 said:
Henkeman said:
aguero93:20 said:
Not talking about Etihad mate.

Oh sorry - what are you referring to?
Just edited post the RPTs in 2012/13 accounts, the fair value for PSGs IP and advisory deal was ce100m according to le Parisien if that's true then our RPTs will pass any fair market value test.

Ah, I get you now. Apologies for misunderstanding.

LoveCity said:
City's failure of FFP seems borderline, so these punishments sound harsh. What's that word... scapegoating. How can we be ranked with PSG when their sponsorship deal is worth 5x our own and when they have spent more money on players in the monitoring period. Surely our punishment should be less severe?

BTW does anyone have Juventus' numbers? I'm sure they posted losses of nearly 100m Euros the year we won our title and very small profits since. Will they be hit?

And as we have seen above with Bayern. Juventus are sponsored by the Fiat Group (Jeep / New Holland). Fiat are owned by the Agneli family who happen to own Juventus - this just might be a related transaction - but since Juve are a G14 club and the former club of Napoleon UEFA are busy looking the other way.

nmc said:
LoveCity said:

And as we have seen above with Bayern. Juventus are sponsored by the Fiat Group (Jeep / New Holland). Fiat are owned by the Agneli family who happen to own Juventus - this just might be a related transaction - but since Juve are a G14 club and the former club of Napoleon UEFA are busy looking the other way.
Not just a G14 club, every single Italian big club has similar arrangements with domestic companies and they'd have to ban the whole league.

LoveCity said:

What punishments? I'm not having a pop at you mate, but to date there is no indication that city are being 'punished' other than rags and other bitter folk trying to wish it on us, and the random rumour mongering of certain parts of the press. All these rumours are coming from the same folk who were saying we'd be docked points for being owned by Thaksin, we'd never be able to attract decent players, and never win the title.
If anyone can post a link which shows me an official announcement by UEFA that we have failed FFP and specifies the punishment then please fill your boots and make me eat my words.

Helmet Cole said:
LoveCity said:

What punishments? I'm not having a pop at you mate, but to date there is no indication that city are being 'punished' other than rags and other bitter folk trying to wish it on us, and the random rumour mongering of certain parts of the press. All these rumours are coming from the same folk who were saying we'd be docked points for being owned by Thaksin, we'd never be able to attract decent players, and never win the title.
If anyone can post a link which shows me an official announcement by UEFA that we have failed FFP and specifies the punishment then please fill your boots and make me eat my words.
^^This is what I've been saying, even that piece in the Parisien, possibly the only one I'd take seriously as apparently they're ITK about PSG, only gives us a positive spin on our own RPTs in last years accounts.

After watching Soriano presentation on this video I am not even worry about this, by the way I like his analysis of the rags post Ferguson at 58:30 I think
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TzkRGvL0VNY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zkRGvL0VNY</a>

LoveCity said:

The best thing about PSG is that they have blatantly attempted to circumvent FFP. It is odd is it not that they achieved sponsorship through QTA and backdated the amount which just happened to be enough to meet FFP rules? If anything I don't think we have too much to worry about because we haven't tried to circumvent the rules and their punishment doesn't appear to be severe. Okay that rights transfer deal to NYCFC does look dodgy but there is nothing in the rules that says we can't do that. Even if there is then surely every single player and their associated rights then becomes an issue. Our loss of 51.6M is paltry compared to what PSG's is if they ignore the backdated sponsorship deal and there wasn't even a requirement for last year to break even.

Helmet Cole said:
LoveCity said:

Agreed. All we have is speculation, guesswork and rumour. Have we failed FFP? Possibly. Will there be several days of horse trading before anything is announced? Definitely. UEFA, unless they have taken leave of their senses, are not going to announce any sanctions until the effected clubs sign off on them and for that to happen any sanctions have to be seen as proportionate and reasonable. FFP relies just as much on the carrot as the stick and its very success is dependent on the tacit consent of the clubs. The only situation where the stick is appropriate is areas such as match fixing or non payment of monies owed etc. This is far from the case with either City or PSG whose 'problem' is too much money not too little.

Ferran is so concerned about FFP he has buggered off to the USA on NYC business. If he cancels and starts calling emergency board meetings then go ahead and start panicking :)

Ed1 said:
After watching Soriano presentation on this video I am not even worry about this, by the way I like his analysis of the rags post Ferguson at 58:30 I think
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TzkRGvL0VNY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... zkRGvL0VNY</a>

Going to watch that, cheers for sharing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.