City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Never have I heard this sort of decision making before in all my life. City and UEFA have a set of regulations which are changed at the last minute, we default on those regulations so we negotiate a settlement on our punishment. Both club and UEFA then issue statements on the punishment but the detail is kept secret between UEFA and city to enable the appeal process which is in the regulations to pass, before releasing the actual penalties that have been agreed on. UEFA are more corrupt than I thought.

UEFA is an honourable body which seeks only greater transparency in clubs' affairs and their better governance, and FFP is a way of achieving that. Let's be clear right from the start about that.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hello said:
How can UEFA not know how the HG restriction will be applied to the sanctions surely that's a pretty major and integral part of the sanctions in the first place, surely they cant make it up weeks later based on how much fallout the G14 make about or how much the press says FFP is under pressure and Plattini is a scruffy twat?

All I'll say is if the HG quota is not written down legally and binding in the settlement then whoever was involved in negotiations on our part should be sacked.

That being said, it would have been utter stupidity of the highest order for us not to have UEFA's verdict on that in writing and thus have our position protected against them moving the goalposts, so I doubt we will have messed it up.

The delay could well be to try and leave it long enough to either a) stop an appeal or b) hope it blows over.
I have to disagree on that part. If (and it's a big if) that is what happened then I think it could have been a work of genius on City's part to just whistle and examine the ceiling while UEFA were signing off on it. We could simply point to UEFA's existing regulations for a 21 man squad which dictates we would only need any combination of 4 AT or CT players plus upto 17 foreigners. If they then tried to wriggle out of it we could simply threaten to toss the entire thing.

Barcelona president appointed to key UEFA panel

LISBON, Portugal — Barcelona has regained a seat on an influential European football panel which it lost when former club president Sandro Rosell resigned.

The European Club Association says it appointed Barcelona's new president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, to join UEFA's Professional Football Strategy Council.

The UEFA panel is chaired by President Michel Platini and includes representatives from UEFA, clubs, leagues and players' unions.

Bartomeu also joins the 200-member ECA's board.

ECA also appointed Manchester United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward to leads its marketing panel, and promoted Real Madrid vice president Pedro Lopez Jimenez as 2nd vice chairman to replace Rosell.

Rosell left his football duties this year after his signing of Brazil star Neymar exposed Barcelona to investigation by Spanish tax authorities.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/05/24/3942115/barcelona-president-appointed.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/05/24/394 ... inted.html</a>

Just see the people running Uefa! No wonder they don't want new clubs to grow.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
UEFA is an honourable body which seeks only greater transparency in clubs' affairs and their better governance, and FFP is a way of achieving that. Let's be clear right from the start about that.

joker

3rdgenerationblue said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:

joker
He's being sarcastic.

ColinLee said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
hello said:
How can UEFA not know how the HG restriction will be applied to the sanctions surely that's a pretty major and integral part of the sanctions in the first place, surely they cant make it up weeks later based on how much fallout the G14 make about or how much the press says FFP is under pressure and Plattini is a scruffy twat?

All I'll say is if the HG quota is not written down legally and binding in the settlement then whoever was involved in negotiations on our part should be sacked.

That being said, it would have been utter stupidity of the highest order for us not to have UEFA's verdict on that in writing and thus have our position protected against them moving the goalposts, so I doubt we will have messed it up.

The delay could well be to try and leave it long enough to either a) stop an appeal or b) hope it blows over.
I have to disagree on that part. If (and it's a big if) that is what happened then I think it could have been a work of genius on City's part to just whistle and examine the ceiling while UEFA were signing off on it. We could simply point to UEFA's existing regulations for a 21 man squad which dictates we would only need any combination of 4 AT or CT players plus upto 17 foreigners. If they then tried to wriggle out of it we could simply threaten to toss the entire thing.

Absolutely.

If they don't specify in writing that the reduction involves a change to the usual rules, then of course we assume that the reduction will be the same as stated in UEFA's regulations. I have been saying all along that in order to retain the 8 'home grown' places, UEFA would have to change their own rule & that would be unfair to non UK trained players, as the players Union is reminding them.

You would imagine that if they had changed that rule, we would have to agree it in the settlement. If it hasn't been agreed, then the 'stettlement' isn't settled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.