City Games v Villa or Spurs You Remember ?

Prestwich_Blue said:
Was it two or three seasons ago at WHL on the last day of the season when Chimbonda got that goal that could (and should) have been disallowed on any of three counts? Offside, foul and handball IIRC.

right at the end of the Sven season.

We had just had a goal unjustly ruled out.

The 5-2 win over Spurs under Brian Horton in October (I think) 1994 was a cracking game. They were managed by Ossie Ardiles at the time (though not for much longer) and were also insanely attack minded. Could have finished about 8-8 that day.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but away game at Villa the season after we got promoted under Mel Machin (89/90?). Howard Kendall had taken over, Villa were going for the title (finished 2nd I think). Went 1-0 down, Mark Ward equalised, then Peter Reid notched the winner towards the end!

From what I remember, we were in the fetching blue shirts, maroon shorts and socks combo!

i remember the 5-0 against spurs in the 70's (was sat on the wall at the front of the kippax) ,also there was lots of trouble at the top of the kippax that day IIRC.I can also vaguely remember beating spurs at maine rd in mid eighties after going one down and mark ward scored the winner with a penalty(sure he gave their gk (thorsvedt ?) the wanker sign after scoring cos he'd tried to un-nerve him prior to the kick).
the 4-1 win against villa was my son's 1st game at CoMS so that stands out for me.I think paul lake picked up his injury against villa in an early season mid week game at maine rd and iirc the villa fans were abusing him as he was being stretchered off

Dyed Petya said:
The 5-2 win over Spurs under Brian Horton in October (I think) 1994 was a cracking game. They were managed by Ossie Ardiles at the time (though not for much longer) and were also insanely attack minded. Could have finished about 8-8 that day.

This is the one i think of, walsh and rosler got a couple each i think. they had a couple of romanians in their team, sheringham was still there as well. great game

January 1981 my first trip to Villa Park (back there later that year for the semi-final against Ipswich). Villa scored in the first minute - think it was Gary Shaw – and City proceeded to batter them for the remaining 89 with no reward. I’ve never seen such a one-sided game in my life, we were all over them but just couldn’t get the ball in the net.

One thing that stands out was that the programme contained a double page colour photo of the City squad and everyone in the away end held the programme up with the photo showing towards the Holte End. It must have looked pretty good but of course all we could see were the backs of the programmes.

2 nil down to spurs at maine rd.the kippax singing every tueart song going in an attempt to get him on the pitch.
finally,he is put on and scores,2-1.more tueart songs,another goal,2-2.everyone straining to sing "tueart" louder than before.
i dont think he scored both goals officially,but i put them down to him,think everybody does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.