City Goal celebrations

Been this way since the Mancini era. Must be passed down from VK et al.
This is different though. Under previous managers a lot of players didn’t look arsed when they scored and certainly wouldn’t go out of their way to celebrate someone else’s goal. Dzeko, Balotelli spring to mind.

Current players...

Sterling behind the goal run.

Otamendi salute.

Aguero clenched fists.

My absolute favourite in recent times was when Kompany scored and he stood on the boarding.

Slight variation last night after one of the goals walker was giving zinc a coaching class for a couple of minutes :-)

I like the "everyone go over and have a pat and a hug", team unity and recognising everyone's contribution for each goal, not just being egotistical and selfish and making it all about the scorer. If we start pre-planning celebrations, then we're not training hard enough. Only times we don't really do that are when Raz goes mental and runs halfway to Cheltenham.

I think we should take up dabbing and come up with some fancy handshakes and pre arranged dances

Something I have noticed is you will sometimes see the players using the 30 seconds of the celebration huddle to talk tactics. Usually Kev, Dave or Fernandinho. Shows how committed they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.