City "have made the PL uncompetitive"

So in 32 seasons the premier league has been decided on the final day 10 times with 5 of those being won by City in the last 12 years. So that means 5 in the first 20 years of the premier league & 5 in the last 12. It means out of our 8 premier league titles we’ve only won 3 before last game. The Rags won 10 of their 13 before the last game of the season.

PL teams dominating in Europe with Villa and Liverpool winning away yesterday does indicate the strength of the PL City/Pep have actually improved the standard of PL teams now contrary to what the naysayers would have you believe.

PL teams dominating in Europe with Villa and Liverpool winning away yesterday does indicate the strength of the PL City/Pep have actually improved the standard of PL teams now contrary to what the naysayers would have you believe.
A win at Young Boys doesn't prove that. The Prem is strong but Europe is completely different. It would suggest a massive gap between Madrid and us when in reality there isn't any gap, not in their favour anyway.

The complaints are from fans of teams who won in the past and don't anymore. Nothing much more to it than that, similar to last year. The first time we are European champions and many reports about it being boring and predictable now. I have never seen before that competition get disrespected to them levels. That was during a group stage which saw United dumped out bottom of their group, an exciting group Newcastle was in and then some classic ties in the quarters. The second we was knocked out I didn't read anything about the competition being boring and predictable, especially when the winners were the team who win it the most.....

.....and we became CENTURIONS with a goal from the last kick of the last game of the season.

The great entertainers !!
I didn't think I was bothered about 100 points until Jesus chipped the keeper and the ball dropped under the bar just in front of us.
Utter bedlam, with most of the backroom staff celebrating in the corner in front of the players.
Still pissed off Southampton wouldn't allow City players to celebrate with the fans straight after the game.

Went to watch my local NW counties league club Thornton Cleveleys play Droylesdon a couple of weeks back. Was astonished by the quality of the football, both sides playing out from the back. When I watched Fleetwood at this level 20 years ago it was all kick and rush and lump it forward. Convinced Pep has influenced football at all levels and this can only be good. Great bloods following by the way and while delighted Thornton won hope everybody had a good day.

A win at Young Boys doesn't prove that. The Prem is strong but Europe is completely different. It would suggest a massive gap between Madrid and us when in reality there isn't any gap, not in their favour anyway.

The complaints are from fans of teams who won in the past and don't anymore. Nothing much more to it than that, similar to last year. The first time we are European champions and many reports about it being boring and predictable now. I have never seen before that competition get disrespected to them levels. That was during a group stage which saw United dumped out bottom of their group, an exciting group Newcastle was in and then some classic ties in the quarters. The second we was knocked out I didn't read anything about the competition being boring and predictable, especially when the winners were the team who win it the most.....

So in 32 seasons the premier league has been decided on the final day 10 times with 5 of those being won by City in the last 12 years. So that means 5 in the first 20 years of the premier league & 5 in the last 12. It means out of our 8 premier league titles we’ve only won 3 before last game. The Rags won 10 of their 13 before the last game of the season.

And 2 out of those 3 were purely down to Liverpool and Arsenal respectively bottling it. Dropping 6 out of the last 9 Arsenal, really!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.