City in Seoul in the 70s/80s... ?

fabotelli

I'm friendly with the widow of City's previous Life President - Sid Rose. He was the team doctor too - fixed Bert's neck!

Anyway - she sent me this recollection this morning - thuoght some of you might find it interesting...

On the world trip City were in Seoul
The local match got ugly and an army helicopter airlifted ? Mike Summerbee from middle of pitch
for safety . There was a curfew but prostitutes still had access to hotel city were staying in roaming the corridors
Bernard Halford was terrified , got hold of Sidney . He was carrying all the money .
They decided he should put it under his mattress and barricade himself in . Some of the pros had keys !
A great time was had by all . This was not the time dear Corrigan broke a fans jaw
Corrigan a really good boy
Txx

I'm friendly with the widow of City's previous Life President - Sid Rose. He was the team doctor too - fixed Bert's neck!

Anyway - she sent me this recollection this morning - thuoght some of you might find it interesting...

On the world trip City were in Seoul
The local match got ugly and an army helicopter airlifted ? Mike Summerbee from middle of pitch
for safety . There was a curfew but prostitutes still had access to hotel city were staying in roaming the corridors
Bernard Halford was terrified , got hold of Sidney . He was carrying all the money .
They decided he should put it under his mattress and barricade himself in . Some of the pros had keys !
A great time was had by all . This was not the time dear Corrigan broke a fans jaw
Corrigan a really good boy
Txx
Interesting stuff, Considering Sid seems to have been born in 1917, just wondered how old his widow would be now?

Interesting stuff, Considering Sid seems to have been born in 1917, just wondered how old his widow would be now?

Seems he was married in 1943

If we assume his wife was 20 or so, that would make her about 100 today, give or take a few years.

Hi -

No, I'm not wayne.

Kinell - what a bunch of nitpickers!
Yes he was born in 1917 - he was a medical officer in the RAF and fixed Bert's neck after the war (at half-time - another story).
He died in his late 90s (2013 or 2014 iirc).
I don't want to go into his private life too much, because people might still be alive...

He separated from his wife in the 1970s and stayed with his new partner till he died.
She was much younger than him (but in her 80s now). She is the 'T' in the message.

Are we all happy now?
Anyone give a shit about the story?

Hi -

No, I'm not wayne.

Kinell - what a bunch of nitpickers!
Yes he was born in 1917 - he was a medical officer in the RAF and fixed Bert's neck after the war (at half-time - another story).
He died in his late 90s (2013 or 2014 iirc).
I don't want to go into his private life too much, because people might still be alive...

He separated from his wife in the 1970s and stayed with his new partner till he died.
She was much younger than him (but in her 80s now). She is the 'T' in the message.

Are we all happy now?
Anyone give a shit about the story?
Yes, I do. I'd love to hear more about this tour if anybody knows owt..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.