City issue 'guidelines' reminder to press

fbloke

All recent B/S aside and silliness in its place I have just (this evening) had a conversation with a person who is part of the legal firm ******** and ********.

These people have 'close links' to City.

Apparently the club has recently sent out a number of letters to newspapers and broadcasters reminding them that any 'unfounded and scurrilous gossip would not be tolerated by the club'.

They have apparently targeted 4 leading sports journalists for particular attention and made editors aware of expected levels of 'professionalism and behaviour at future press conferences'

I didnt know that the club has employed a QC directly for a while now but apparently the decision to unleash him was taken after the recent bad press that the club has received.

If I find out anything more specific, i.e. who the club have targeted I will post it.

Re: City issue warnings to press

fbloke said:
All recent B/S aside and silliness in its place I have just (this evening) had a conversation with a person who is part of the legal firm **************.

Apparently the club has recently sent out a number of letters to newspapers and broadcasters reminding them that any 'unfounded and scurrilous gossip would not be tolerated by the club'.

They have apparently targeted 4 leading sports journalists for particular attention and made editors aware of expected levels of 'professionalism and behaviour at future press conferences'

I didnt know that the club has employed a QC directly for a while now but apparently the decision to unleash him was taken after the recent bad press that the club has received.

If I find out anything more specific, i.e. who the club have targeted I will post it.

Winter is obvious.

the Guardian are well onside, won't be one of theirs. have to think the same of the times as well.

the mail? the mirror? the sun? the express?

Was anyone else aware that City now directly employ a QC?

I'm not sure when that happened as it didnt come up in the conversation but it seems like the right thing to do for such a large company like City with global interests.

Of course it may explain why Mr Cook has more time to glad hand ;-)

bizzbo said:
fbloke said:
All recent B/S aside and silliness in its place I have just (this evening) had a conversation with a person who is part of the legal firm ****************

Winter is obvious.

the Guardian are well onside, won't be one of theirs. have to think the same of the times as well.

Winter has been quite a good boy in the last 2 weeks mind.

bizzbo said:
fbloke said:
All recent B/S aside and silliness in its place I have just (this evening) had a conversation with a person who is part of the legal firm ************

Winter is obvious.

Daniel Taylor writes for the Guardian, he is a rag twat and loves having a dig at City

fbloke said:
All recent B/S aside and silliness in its place I have just (this evening) had a conversation with a person who is part of the legal firm **********************8

If true it's good to see that City aren't taking any crap... though I would have thought someone like Carter Ruck or Herbert Smith would be a more obvious choice for this kind of work.

well the sun and mirror will get em...

It was only the night before adebayor walked into carrington, reports claimed he wasnt coming back!
the others?
Winter, ladyboy?

all in all, keep them arms length!

Good for them ... the stupid laziness and unprofessional shyte from loads of these shit stirring hacks needs reining in big time .... sue the pants off the mischief making twunts.....

We also need to play our part by bombarding thick , lazy , biaed columnists, bloggers etc with a call for EVIDENCE, cos most of this shyte is just made up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.