City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

It depends on what the new rules are. For sure you don't apply penalties to rules that weren't in place at the time. But it now means APT transactions aren't arbitrarily capped by the PL. I'd say that's particularly good news for Newcastle as well.

It wasn't arbitrary.

Talk about missing the point.

I know when FSG bought Liverpool, there were two debts to pay to Kop Holdings (a fabricated loan of Hicks and Gillette) and Nat West. I can't remeber which way round it was, they were both around £220 & £240m. FSG settled one as their purchase of the club, then settled the other by lending Liverpool the money at a discretionary rate of 0.5% a year. It seems FSG had taken mortgage out on Anfield (now a separate company to Liverpool FC) at a market rate to fund this. Bearing in mind at the same time Sullivan and co were lending West Ham money at a Fair market Value of 8%, it struck me that 7.5% of £220-240m was £16-17m a year saving, and that was owner investment. It allowed Liverpool to reduce the FSG loan and almost pay it off (down to £70m) before Klopp and Covid came along. I have always oncsiderd this to be "financial doping" by the back door. An extra £16m x 3 years on PSR would make a massive difference to whether they stay within £105m loss. I never understood how they could get away with it.

There’s nothing wrong as such with an interest free loan, it’s only an issue now due to the APT rules.

What really should happen is owners should be forced to put in equity, that’s what a regulator whose main motivation was the financial stability of clubs would be advocating for…

So we have it in black and white that the cunts are racist, trying to stop owners from "gulf States" it's a fucking disgrace the way the Premier League is run, heads should roll after this. And the red cartel have the audacity to call us the cheats.
Fuck em.
Don’t think the panel agreed with that claim

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.