City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

So for a little clarity MCFC latest statement accuses the PL of misleading clubs and fans on top of yesterdays ruling that found certain rules “unlawful “ .

Seen a lot of comments around from "journalists" and fans of other clubs that it wasn't a win for City as we only won a handful out of the 20(?) odd complaints that we raised at the tribunal. A Villa fan at my work gave me a classic analogy... (& a bit of a history lesson!)

Look at the Battle of Jutland in the 1st World War...

The Royal Navy's largest battle since Nelson at Trafalgar over 100 years earlier.

Numerically a German victory as they sank more British ships than the Royal Navy sank German ships (14 totalling 113000 tons, compared to 11 totalling 62000 tons), however, strategically a Royal Navy victory as the result was the German Imperial Navy returned to port....& never left for the rest of the war, removing a serious threat to Britain for good.

Just goes to show that quality is better than quantity (at least that's what I tell the Mrs!),

Here endeth the lesson! :-)
So your mrs likes quantity over quality or are you trying to convince her you are a quality rather than quantity?

Some of the stick Stefan gets is a bit unnecessary. He's asked to give his professional opinion on these matters, and doesn't deserve grief just because it's perhaps not what people want to hear! It's fine to disagree with him, forums are all about debate, but should at least be courteous.

It’s pretty clear we’ve some fans who have this stuff go right over their heads and lash out immaturely as a result.

This is saying one relatively minor detail of the rules is unlawful. It is important but not a major problem for the PL. This is not City's major win. The major win is ripping up the 2024 amendments. The major loss is probably on the matter of the test of transactions being before approval rather than after. I see it like a tree - we have won the right to chop off some branches but not to fell the tree. The PL will need to prune the tree but not replant it.
ohhh ok i think i and probably alot of others are reading that as all rules are unlawful based on that passage. Strange then that city have emailed all 19 clubs to say the prem are misleading them.

All a bit weird - I've been on here for 20 years, on Twitter for 15, writing on these topics for maybe 10 years, podcasts for 10? and watching City since 1982. So I do "it", in a lot of places. And I try and be objective. You do understand that the club are not trying to be objective don't you? It is not their job.

You need to be objective in city’s favour though buddy, you know how it works lol

I was just about to comment similar to @Ric .

Stefan has to use the judgment to make a professional opinion. From the publicly available information it would be quite easy to build a narrative of a win for either side, it does depend on the lens and which points you deem more important. If you look around, many lawyers have been cautious to lean either way.

City will say 'we won the most important arguments which now allow us to put sponsorships through, see FMV judgments and seek compensation'.

The PL will say 'we managed to defend the majority of the legal arguments, clubs will still need APT approval prior to the deal taking place etc...'.

This City letter sent out isn't public, so impossible for Stefan to add that to the equation, especially when it was barely known about when he jumped on TS this morning. He has to use the facts available, his reputation depends on it.

For example, the Chelsea situation, he wasn't to know that the PL's rules were so poorly drafted that they were essentially allowed to sell a hotel to themselves. (If you read this Stefan, I'm aware that the process was more complex than that and perplexing that it took them so long to ratify the deal).

He technically did say on TS a score draw, maybe slightly in City's favour.

Personally I'd lean towards City getting the more favourable decision as they've managed to show the PL acting improper which may help us in the short and long term. I think we got the key areas ruled for us which is what we wanted, the rest may have been a smokescreen to keep the PL busy. However, I can fully understand somebody saying it wasn't a perfect judgment for either party as we don't know that for sure.

City going strong with the letter suggests they believe the PL are well out of line but again they have more information than us. It is promising that the club have reacted this way.

Very significant this.

When he said it earlier he referred to “the cartel” and my head nearly fell off.

That’s not us on here being myopic city supporters, that’s a guy on national radio who’s been in and amongst PL football at the coal face and has seen how things work.

He’s a **** of the highest order but he’s right about this.

Shame it took him years to have the balls to say it.
Sure but he also said we (City) are attempting to become the new cartel, are you equally cool with this?

I don’t give a fuck who won or lost but all I care is corrupt pl is now exposed and that’s all it matters .
Now stock up popcorn

The first part of the objective successfully achieved, now the dismantling of the power wielded by the redshirt cabal within the PL, must surely be another target within the cross-hairs.

Reactions: ufo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.