City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

there is literally a public picture of the chairmen of liverpool, arsenal and united having dinner very publicly and while it is far from against the law to have dinner with business associates it would be difficult to argue against some level of collusion between them.

You could almost describe it as an associated party……

Whatever happens it is long overdue that the Club stood up the prolonged bullying it has suffered from the football governing bodies and other clubs who themselves are not without sin.
Totally agree. Also, relations between City and UEFA seem reasonable at the moment, which by itself is not a good look for the EPL. City don't seem to have a problem with UEFA version of the regulations but feel the EPL have gone way too far this time - as indeed they have.

Which Six clubs voted against the original proposal?

I’d hazard a guess Chelsea, Newcastle and Villa would be three of them. Two are being held back by FFP and Chelsea seem to have some associated party links with their current sponsor. Maybe Wolves would be in there too they have a group of billionaire Chinese owners who could bring sponsors to the table and are also being held back by ffp.

Interesting, this. If we've chosen to launch legal action, we'll be comfortable being able to prove what Stefan is saying here.
This all day.
Read the context of how we operate.
If we have to react to sudden surprise changes from the powers that be, we won’t always be on solid ground.
But if we instigate moves ourselves, you can bet a load of due diligence has already been done to put us firmly in the driving seat one way or another.

Sun Tsu’s Art of War my friends - it may not be immediately apparent, and yes, there will be tactical manoeuvres involved along the way, but I believe we are witnessing true strategy at play.

I think the most encouraging aspect of yesterday’s announcement is the way it has been egregiously reported. By the paid hacks, the twitterati and some on here.
It’s got NOTHING to do with 115. End of.
It’s got everything to do with the arbitrary nature or PL rule making that are changed, seemingly on a whim from certain vested interests.
‘Fair value’ is not an alien concept in any way but, having someone else decide what is ‘fair value’, especially if it’s from the same country as your owner is from seems like a giant step to far.
Not only that, one thing that’s always been accepted, even lauded by the usual suspects, is being able to ‘spend what you earn’, again perfectly reasonable.
Then City start serial winning and, consequently, earning huge amounts of prize money (over £175M last year) and also have an academy that’s pumping out profit after profit on player sales.
A transfer team that’s buying Akanji, Alvarez and Ortega, for example, for less than £30M between them and they now want to tie spending to the earnings of the BOTTOM placed team in the PL!

You can be certain that if Pep leaves, city drop off and Radcliffe is successful in his OT transformation, that rule will be gone almost immediately.

Finally, the phrase ‘tyranny of the majority’ reflects that City are a single shareholder in the PL, but it’s reported as ‘but they’ve got more than almost everyone else so what are they moaning about’ by the usual suspects who are either very ill informed or spectacularly good at misdirection. Given that this has been in train since February and certain other news came out yesterday, you’d be forgiven for thinking it’s the latter.

Well its being reported on ssn this morning by 2 tabloid pundits (one was winter, the other i think they said his name was cross?)

It was the latter i only caught saying everyone needs to stand against city for good of the game
this is genuinely hilarious, so football is only good when a team in red or one of the history teams is winning, where was this rhetoric when the rags and dippers were winning everything and signing players for 30m? Oh thats right it wasnt there, and why wasnt it there because football is only good when the 'right' team wins according to the press.

What time period does this all relate to? Is this historical at all or would it just be to prevent something going forward?

It strikes me that if we can show our revenue has been restricted then that impacts how much money we have for FFP/PSR etc?

Can someone highlight or care to research just the level of colluding that has or could have gone on...

One to start it is off, is why were the rags and dippers included to vet the new PL chairman...

I remember, a few years ago now, I found a report/article that certain clubs (including foreign clubs) had met prior to our pep era, on how they were going to stop us becoming a force in the football world

Do you think City bring a legal case against the Premier League in any way will force a comprimise with the Premier League dropping the charges. No side will want to lose and if both sides lose then it could be catastophic for the Premier League.
I don’t want the charges dropped. I want the case to go ahead, City to win and get the complete exoneration plus as much in damages as possible to end the witch hunt against us for ever and a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.