City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

It certainly makes the Government jumpy. We have huge ongoing deals with Saudi and other Gulf partners.
I wouldn't get too carried away with what the government may do to ensure that AD isn't upset by what the PL is doing.

Our owner funded RedbirdIMI to purchase The Telegraph and The Spectator for 600 mill with Redbird actually running the titles. The last government (possibly more disposed to AD than the current one) rushed a law through to prevent our owner even being a passive partner. They have had to sell the Spectator and are in the process of selling the Telegraph to get as much of their money back as possible. It actually looks like they will get most or all of it back contrary to the market expectations.

You have to say that this was an extremely unfriendly act by the UK government but there you go. Don't expect anything helpful regarding football issues.

Yes because they found other rules lawful, plus City brought the case in the 1st place.
So will City still have to pay 50% costs even now that the PL have completely withdrawn the rules for a seemingly complete rewrite? (IE admitted they were wrong).

Do you even see the schism between reality and what the media tell opposition fans?

If it’s not dawned on these frauds now that just like the CAS case they’ve been made to look fools by the posters but more importantly City & their representatives then there is no fucking hope for them. They’d have been better saying City had got a result due to the expensive lawyers, something they always hint but the thick cunts went along with the story City were embarrassed.
In their eyes they only have to come up with something the gullible public will believe. They still have the majority of the media so as the journos used to say "Why let the truth get in the way of a good story".
This could go on and on now the media continue to lie by omission.

Absolutely, your first sentence doesn’t detract from my point. We didn’t vote for the APT rules as a whole, we did vote to support the recommendations. It’s pretty clear that that either wasn’t our main reason for thinking the APT rules were unlawful at the time or we were playing an incredibly insightful long game even then.

Fair enough. I just get a bit tired reading in the press how City voted in favour of excluding loans from APT and then changed tack, like it's some sort of gotcha. Then you get fans of other clubs believing it and repeating it on here. It's a lazy interpretation and, more to the point, it's wrong. The club never voted for any element of APT in a statutory vote, ever.

But as you say, we don't know why the CFO voted in a single subcommittee to proceed with recommendations which excluded loans. There could be many reasons, but I doubt the real reason is interesting at all.

I always enjoy reading your posts Bobby.
I do start to wonder if some elements of the press feel there might just be a much bigger scandal about to erupt than the ever diminishing 115 fantasy ?
It’s funny but I have a gut feeling you may be right. It certainly feels like the tide is turning. The only way to kill a story is to offer up an even better one to replace it. I have always thought that corruption at the PL (and that is what has happened) is a bigger and better story than City allegedly cooking the books.

Great post. Does make me question why we voted for the shareholder loans being exempt recommendation though. Either at the time we thought other reasons were more likely for the rules to be considered unlawful, or that’s some proper 3d chess going on!
We didn’t vote for the exemption. Fake news!

That statement might be true of the late70-80s (liverpool) and 90's-2013 (united), but lets not forget that they were no more succesful than most other clubs otherwise, and the reasons for their success then was pretty much the same as ours is now, money and best coaches.
Yep , Everton had more Division one titles before Ferguson turned up , Nottingham Forest had more European Cups aswell . The PL more or less coincided with Uniteds dominance and the money that came from it, they’re a fucking charlatan of a club and have become as shit now as they were before Ferguson turned up. This seems to be being pushed more by Arsenal and Spurs more than anyone else for my money .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.