City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I think someone posted earlier that Mai Fyfield is a non-executive director of the PL, so what was she doing spending hours valuing deals? Did she do this regularly for other clubs' deals or was it just the EAG deal? Non-execs sit on the board and exercise oversight of the executive, not roll their sleeves up and get dirty.

And looking at the PL board, there's another thing I noticed. Company boards should have a mixture of executives and non-executives. Back in the mid-2000's, when I got involved in setting up a Supporters Trust at City, one of our key campaigning points was that the board didn't meet good corporate governance standards.

The reason was that there was just one executive (CEO Alistair Mackintosh) and just a handful of non-execs (Chair John Wardle, Mark Boler, Dennis Tueart and Brian Bodek). And we were a quoted company at that time so should have had a better board composition.

The PL is a multi-billion pound organisation yet has a chair, three independent non-executives and a CEO, so exactly the same as City pre-Shinawatra. Where's the Finance Director or the Marketing Director? Corporate Governance guidelines require "an appropriate combination of executive and non-executive directors...such that no one individual dominates the board's decision making".

How the hell are the PL meeting this requirement?

There's also an existing requirement that if 20% of stakeholders vote against a resolution, the organisation should seek to find out why they did. This seems to imply that if 4 or more clubs vote against something, the PL has a responsibility to investigate and understand the reasons.
I think we should send Masters a letter seeking clarifications. When he ignores us or sends a BS corporate template response, escalate to Lucy Powell MP. It's about time she pulled her finger out, the PL cartel could do serious economic damage to East Manchester, and she should care about that.

Britain , mistry, fyfield, and masters, who’s the other one?
Mistry is Dharmash Mistry, a 'tech entrepreneur'. Like Fyfield he also sits on the BBC Commercial Board.

You could easily question whether Fyfield was truly independent, having spent 20 years at the PL's main broadcasting partner, and having been involved in the negotiation of three rounds of TV rights with the PL.

Last edited:
I think we should send Masters a letter seeking clarifications. When he ignores us or sends a BS corporate template response, escalate to Lucy Powell MP. It's about time she pulled her finger out, the PL cartel could do serious economic damage to East Manchester, and she should care about that.
We could do our own version of the 99 questions posed by McManus & Magnier to the united board (although most of them were complete bullshit).

And send it on Arsenal headed notepaper.

I think someone posted earlier that Mai Fyfield is a non-executive director of the PL, so what was she doing spending hours valuing deals? Did she do this regularly for other clubs' deals or was it just the EAG deal? Non-execs sit on the board and exercise oversight of the executive, not roll their sleeves up and get dirty.

And looking at the PL board, there's another thing I noticed. Company boards should have a mixture of executives and non-executives. Back in the mid-2000's, when I got involved in setting up a Supporters Trust at City, one of our key campaigning points was that the board didn't meet good corporate governance standards.

The reason was that there was just one executive (CEO Alistair Mackintosh) and just a handful of non-execs (Chair John Wardle, Mark Boler, Dennis Tueart and Brian Bodek). And we were a quoted company at that time so should have had a better board composition.

The PL is a multi-billion pound organisation yet has a chair, three independent non-executives and a CEO, so exactly the same as City pre-Shinawatra. Where's the Finance Director or the Marketing Director? Corporate Governance guidelines require "an appropriate combination of executive and non-executive directors...such that no one individual dominates the board's decision making".

How the hell are the PL meeting this requirement?

There's also an existing requirement that if 20% of stakeholders vote against a resolution, the organisation should seek to find out why they did. This seems to imply that if 4 or more clubs vote against something, the PL has a responsibility to investigate and understand the reasons.

What he said.

Gabapentin is evil, causes severe constipation, I’ve also got ongoing knee problems but I’d rather suffer in pain than fight to do the toilet
Just read the patient safety leaflet again but among the very long list of possible side effects that one doesn't feature - interestingly its opposite does....

Last edited:
Dharmash Mistry, a 'tech entrepreneur'. Like Fyfield he also sits on the BBC Commercial Board.

You could easily question whether Fyfield was truly independent, having spent 20 years at the PL's main broadcasting partner, and having been involved in the negotiation of three rounds of TV rights with the PL.
All seems very cosy doesn’t it. You can also see why we get such crap coverage on bbc platforms. The bbc is infested at every level

Dharmash Mistry, a 'tech entrepreneur'. Like Fyfield he also sits on the BBC Commercial Board.

Would City's counsel question the impartiality of the members, or would that be an own-goal, or simply not possible ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.