City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Headline "Inside the week that blew up the Premier League" Sub headline , How city's war has created a split down the division that could lead to more acrimonious court battles . then odd quotes "it's extordinary , without precedent " a source at one club tells Mail Sport, "they are telling clubs any questions just ring us . "The inference being " "Just so you understand, we run the game. We'll help you take the League on" Then talks about Gulf State superiority. More like that whole article covers nearly 2 pages , with a big photograph oc Our team with the 4th Championship trophy.

As if this is the week that has blown up the PL. Absolute hyperbole.

To be clear, the next two weeks will be the weeks that blow up the PL unless the PL start playing ball.

:)

Headline "Inside the week that blew up the Premier League" Sub headline , How city's war has created a split down the division that could lead to more acrimonious court battles . then odd quotes "it's extordinary , without precedent " a source at one club tells Mail Sport, "they are telling clubs any questions just ring us . "The inference being " "Just so you understand, we run the game. We'll help you take the League on" Then talks about Gulf State superiority. More like that whole article covers nearly 2 pages , with a big photograph oc Our team with the 4th Championship trophy.
Perhaps Herbert has been talking to Levy again. If so then perhaps Levy should stick to his previous advice which was: “When City call I don’t answer the phone.”

Non-exec just means not an employee. Non-execs vote for board decisions but executive directors carry out board decisions.
Here's what the Institue of Directors say: Non-executive directors are expected to focus on board matters and not stray into ‘executive direction’, thus providing an independent view of the company that is removed from the day-to-day running.

That seems pretty clear to me. Reading that makes me even more puzzled as to why our legal team didn't ask the question of why a NED was seemingly carrying out a sub-executive function.

Gabapentin is evil, causes severe constipation, I’ve also got ongoing knee problems but I’d rather suffer in pain than fight to do the toilet
I didnt get constipated taking it for quite a few years but the Doctors felt that the dose I was on lead to Kidney failure, so it's evil

Here's what the Institue of Directors say: Non-executive directors are expected to focus on board matters and not stray into ‘executive direction’, thus providing an independent view of the company that is removed from the day-to-day running.

That seems pretty clear to me. Reading that makes me even more puzzled as to why our legal team didn't ask the question of why a NED was seemingly carrying out a sub-executive function.

What he said. Again.

This is a great point. The evidence in the APT report paints a picture of a Governance structure which is totally dysfunctional. Who is going to investigate the PL?

I think we can safely say the whole organisation is a mess. It needs a big shake-up.

Edit: You and me as consultants. A million each. That should do it?

I think we can safely say the whole organisation is a mess. It needs a big shake-up.

Edit: You and me as consultants. A million each. That should do it?
The APT case has confirmed what the Commons Select Committee told Masters last year:”That he doesn’t know what he is doing.” How long is this farce going to continue?

Not quite, we voted in favour of the recommendations being implemented, we then voted against the rules overall being implemented and reserved the right to challenge the legality of the rules and the FMV process. We didn’t abstain at any point.

Bear in mind it’s the principle itself of excluding shareholder loans that has been successfully considered unlawful.
The first vote on APT rules was held in Oct. 2021.
It was reported at the time that 18 voted in favour, Newcastle voted against, and City abstained. Both City and Newcastle were reported to warn that the rules might not be lawful.
Agreed there may be some confusion here!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.