City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

My view hasn't changed at all. It is best illustrated by my view on costs - as I explained yesterday, I don't believe the PL will pay more than 10-20% of City's costs and it is most likely that the parties agree to pay their own costs.

You've missed the point on Panja. Panja promoted Leaf's original view as well considered when it was an immediate reaction. When I pointed that out, Panja tried to make out I was discrediting Leaf's position which I was not. I was merely pointing out it was limited because he couldn't have read it. Now Leaf has seemingly considered things and appears to say things are consequential, Panja should promote that view as equally as the provisional view.

I don't agree with either of Leaf's view myself. I believe the shareholder loan stuff is largely irrelevant, that APT is not null and void, that even if it is the teams will pass a replacement in line with the original APT (now found to be lawful) and that the key finding is that you can put the all the 2024 changes in the bin as unlawful (as City warned the PL and clubs in October 2021).
City say the rules are null and void. Why are they not?

s.2(4) of the Competition Act - the decision to bring in the rules was unlawful, therefore prohibited, therefore void.

"We must stop team's spending what they like to get an unbeatable team and create an uncompetitive league"

In the context, it's obviously aimed at City and curbing our spending power
Agreed! We can start with rags , exhibit no 1.

Btw is there a debt ceiling in pl or is it free hit till you get bailed out by these unlawful rules?

No 2 separate points. 2024 amendments, will go. Shareholder loans going forward will be FMVed for market interest rates.

I assume the interest payments on directors loans (circa 10 per cent) will be applied to PSR calculations going forward and not retrospectively ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.