City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Yeah, guess I was meaning that through the interim ruling. Something will need to be put in place.
I'm working on the theory that we wouldn't object to a return to the pre 21 rules, as none of our currently disputed sponsorship deals would require FMV decisions as they're not with related parties

Interesting. Does that mean that the APT panel/PL may have to implement an interim ruling on APTs until Counsels are available?

If Counsels aren’t available for months, it could potentially stop new sponsorships being ratified.
I’d say it is a potential issue. Don’t think there will be an interim ruling. More likely they will they process what they can and hope there are no problem cases. Remember the vast majority of deals have been approved and most of those quite quickly. But things are up in the air.

I’d say it is a potential issue. Don’t think there will be an interim ruling. More likely they will they process what they can and hope there are no problem cases. Remember the vast majority of deals have been approved and most of those quite quickly. But things are up in the air.
Awaits Chelsea’s owners to create a new company which then sponsors their shirts for £250m.

It doesn’t really matter if the rules are null and void or just unlawful does it? Because sponsorships still need clearance from the league and they showed with Newcastles takeover they’re more than happy to pass an emergency rule blocking new sponsors being approved until permanent rules are passed.

So on a practical level, it doesn’t change anything for City, we still need our sponsorships to hold up to every legal test and requirement, just not the extra steps that pushed it into unlawful territory.
The situation is a little different in our case, surely. The rules are not enforceable because they are unlawful and the process for evaluating FMV is unfair and unlawful and thus cannot be enforced. It seems that there is nothing to stop City taking the sponsorship deals at agreed value. If the PL agrees regulations which act retrospectively on these deals they will not presumably be lawful unless they also act retrospectively on owner loans at very low interest. And the process would have to be squeaky clean.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.