City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I suspect our KCs will be very enthused by the APT ruling
If nothing else it shows how hard it is to overturn these things. As such the premier league will struggle to land the 115/130 and prove all points.
Do you think it’s feasible we could come out having essentially won on most points but have a media campaign telling us we are still guilty.
In that scenario they may try but it will be very difficult and the sanction will show the result. Nobody is going to believe a non coop win for the PL (if that was the extent) was a meaningful win.

But it is likely that a win by the PL on any substantive matters will give the press the headlines they seek in the judgment - words like serious, concealed, false, unreliable etc. So depends what happens and what the judgment says.

It would be interesting to know how many sponsorship deals have been presented to the PL since the amendment to the APT rules - and how many have been subject to a FMV assessment - we know we have three but I wonder how many more were? That team who finished 8th have a new kit sponsor…. I wonder if that was assessed to see if it was in line with the shirt sponsorship deals of their peers… Newcastle, West Ham and Crystal Palace! I bet not.
11 took longer than 25 days from memory so you can assume all those needed FMV work. And we know (or it appears), Newcastle’s SELA deal was renegotiated before it was approved (looking at redaction). We don’t have any split between 2021 rules and 2024 rules. None of City’s were 2024 applications but on the timetable set out, if challenged they wouldn’t be approved yet anyway (a lot of challenges are over 100 working days).

United’s is not APT so not FMVed.

Reading the thread, I have seen some posters say shareholder loans or equity can be used to spend money on players etc. But shareholder loans are not money earned (turnover) which is what the PSR is based on.

Whilst the shareholder loans can help with cashflow or reduce some interest costs due to low interest rates (might not be allowed going forward if these are tested for arms length principle), these loans or even if converted to equity will not equate to turnover and therefore be not much help towards PSR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.