City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Did a handful of lunchtimes in the Gardeners but we spent more time a bit further afield in the Mucky Duck, on Oldham Road, or one of the pubs at the other end of Greengate, near the Lees brewery. Can't recall the name but The Vine rings a bit of a bell.
This is like a trip down memory lane of places I used to drink. @Prestwich_Blue The Junction opposite the brewery?

Did a handful of lunchtimes in the Gardeners but we spent more time a bit further afield in the Mucky Duck, on Oldham Road, or one of the pubs at the other end of Greengate, near the Lees brewery. Can't recall the name but The Vine rings a bit of a bell.
My neck of the woods

Never heard of a pub called the Vine

Within a few minutes walk of the brewery you have the Gardeners Arms, Radclyffe Arms and the Minders Arms. There was the Railway and Linnet and the Firwood Tavern that are now shut

My neck of the woods

Never heard of a pub called the Vine

Within a few minutes walk of the brewery you have the Gardeners Arms, Radclyffe Arms and the Minders Arms. There was the Railway and Linnet and the Firwood Tavern that are now shut
First area I went drinking as as a 16 year old. Railway and Linnet was being re-modelled so did not ask too many questions and could get at least one drink in the Minders arms and one in the Gardeners before being asked to drink up and leave (rinse and repeat each Friday). Think the Radclyffe arms was being rebuilt at the time but may have imagined it.

Not sure if already posted…
Is that headline just poorly written or is it deliberately trying to suggest that it's us against the other 19 clubs?

The entire article is framed in a manner hostile to City.

It reads like it was drafted by Masters himself.

It is client journalism in sport at its worst.
A despicable biased and dishonest article. The phrase: “City’s lawyers convinced a panel….” sums it up. The ruling that the PL acted unlawfully was made by three independent former High Court Judges who considered evidence for five weeks. This makes SKY look stupid.

Without armchair fans there is no Sky. And the rags, dippers and Tarquins (and even Spuds) have a hell of a lot of them.
We may be the most watched team, but I bet we're costing them viewers overall.
SKY have committed commercial suicide and not moved with the times. Even United fans get bored with endless repeats of matches from 30 years ago and no coverage of European games. SKY has backed the wrong horse.

What I don’t understand is how could you possibly judge the fairness of our new sponsorships.

No team has ever sustained this kind of success in the premier league before (6/7 titles). It’s unprecedented what we are doing right now, so there is nothing to compare it too.

Also The Premier League is watched by an unprecedented number of people around the world and the numbers are continually growing.

You can’t just compare the numbers against old sponsorship deals because nobody has ever been in this situation before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.