City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Did my apprenticeship at Chadd and worked on Set 1 APT.
I was based at Chadderton but we were corporate. 1984 to 1987 I was there I think. I was ASTMS union secretary for Chadderton for a couple of years and we got invited to the Apprentice Presentation evening. The chap who managed the apprentices (his name was Harry I think but can't remember his surname) made the mistake of telling me and my union chairman beforehand that he had new false teeth and he was worried they'd. fall out while he was speaking. Me and Paul spent the whole of his speech creased up trying not to laugh out loud watching his efforts to hang onto his teeth.

They started pulling pints about 20 mins before the buzzer and stockpiled them under the bar. It was 42 mins for lunch.
I thought it was some sort of elaborate joke when I got my offer letter and the hours of work were listed as 8:12 to 4:36 with 42 minutes for lunch.

I was based at Chadderton but we were corporate. 1984 to 1987 I was there I think. I was ASTMS union secretary for Chadderton for a couple of years and we got invited to the Apprentice Presentation evening. The chap who managed the apprentices (his name was Harry I think but can't remember his surname) made the mistake of telling me and my union chairman beforehand that he had new false teeth and he was worried they'd. fall out while he was speaking. Me and Paul spent the whole of his speech creased up trying not to laugh out loud watching his efforts to hang onto his teeth.

I thought it was some sort of elaborate joke when I got my offer letter and the hours of work were listed as 8:12 to 4:36 with 42 minutes for lunch.
Yeah, it was odd the times. We started at 7.30 and finished at 4.12. Never found out why it was like that.

I left at the end of 86. Worked on Bay 3 748/ATP with Nigel Bramall as the manager. Oliver Heath was the works manager.

Remember those names but didn't know either of them well.
Oliver heath was nicknamed "crazy horse" he made the Sun newspaper for sacking one of the newspaper sellers outside the factory gates even though he didn't actually work at bae.
Chadd was an incredible place to work, some real characters and there was nothing you couldn't get there.

The offside goal thread is this way...

...And the BAe memories thread is that way.

Now about that Advanced Passenger Train...
And what medication do I need for sciatica?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.