City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Indeed. Imagine an organisation being told that they are restricted in bringing in money, in which some of this will be spent on women's football, community development, diversionary activities for youth, supporting better outcomes for people with a disability and so on. Maybe a restriction on spend for the men's team is more reasonable (it is unreasonable in my personal opinion) but ultimately this will could impact on City's spend in areas not related to men's football. I am sure there are some very smart barristers advising on this.

Maybe a bit of a powerplay going on here. It could be to bring back into focus the need for an independent regulator (goodness knows what is happening in relation to the regulator with a change in Govt likely) or maybe a more direct attack on the governance structure of the PL.
Tracey Crouch said last week that the Football Governance Bill was dead upon the announcement of the General Election taking place in July. She hopes that the new government (however it looks) will be able to take it forwards, but for now it goes nowhere.

This has nothing to do with FFP or UEFA or things 15 years ago.

This is about the rules voted on after the Saudi takeover of Newcastle.

Is it not just this year that they have been formalised, meant to start soon? As opposed to having been in place the last 3 years. I.e the club are challenging them ahead of implementing, rather than retrospectively. I think.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.