City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I thought it was decided previously by UEFA that the Etihad sponsorship was at arm's length so they were not an associated party hence would not be affected by those Rules? Are the PL rules with regard to who is or isn't an associated party different to UEFA?

Exactly - ultimately squad sizes are regulated/controlled, if in the unlikely event one side does throw every penny at buying players, it can only have the best 25 players (17 plus 8 "homegrown"), their next opponent may accumulate the next best 25 and so on. Then you have to factor in, coaching, desire, hunger, development(ageing, maturing) injuries, etc etc - absolutely no need for regulation - there's no guarantees - it regulates itself as do all businesses - All the nonsense, panic rule making up and fiddling, only succeed in diminishing the brand and aiding rival leagues.
Stop fcking messing with the game PL.

This exactly. A lot of the arguments about controlling spending to keep the league strong are only valid if there are only 25 good players out there.

What do you think you’ve been watching your entire life?

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
PSG

You don’t think these teams were the richest in their leagues?

Unfortunately I’m noticing a pattern where those who aren’t as close to the club, and seemingly live outside of Manchester or England, are falling for the propaganda behind this story.

I dare say, these people don’t have the same affinity for the club as those who are closer which means they’re more susceptible to media bullshit.

As I’ve said before, if City win the rules go back to what they were January 2024 - that’s this year! City are challenging an amendment made in February. They’re not destroying the league or all the financial rules.
I don't live outside Manchester and I feel close to the club but mostly agree with @OntarioBlue. However I will be doing my utmost, albeit with limited understanding of what the heckle meckle is happening as I've been the proverbial burying my head in the sand at accusations against us, because I trust the powers that be at the club, to defend Manchester City against all detractors and enemies.
Donning my City kit and badges and battening down the hatches as we speak!! ;-) :-)

Sorry not meaning to be flippant but it's been a bad week all round. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.