City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I used to have that view. That I was uneasy about the connections the people at board level have and how that would generate income. But, trust me, any unease I had has been blown away by their never ending attempts to stop the club. And let's not forget Liverpool benefitted from contacts with Littlewoods that nobody else could ever get and United got benefits from their listing that other clubs couldn't have at the time. Now it's our time.
Re liverpool (and evertons) benefitting from the littlewoods pools.
At the time the league wanted to introduce a pools that benefitted all league clubs, not just our cheeky scouse pals.
Both of them obviously voted against that and as at the time ALL clubs had to be against/for for a vote to go through that was that and liverpool were funded , as a second div club, beyond anything that had happened or been seen before. It would be like norwich spending £70m on a player (or 2) now.

Also, liverpool pushed to abolish home teams sharing 25% of gate receipts with the away team. Which clearly helped smaller clubs

They really have been a cunty club for a ling long time

That’s the power of social media. It’s a modern day evil. Post something on X or whatever it’s called and it instantly becomes an irrefutable fact. Social media gives a voice to some people who shouldn’t have a voice. The other problem being we don’t have any PR strategy whatsoever. We just sit there and take the mountains of shit that gets thrown at us on a daily basis, without any form of rebuttal or without even attempting to defend ourselves. It does become very draining for us fans. That’s for sure.

Realistically though, there's a huge percentage of people that aren't on social media or are scrolling past all of that shite. People don't need to be offended by it. It's keyboard wankers writing absolute nonsense. See it, ignore it. Because it relates to something we're passionate about we obviously get riled up by it, but it doesn't make a difference what we think. If it wasn't the charges, there would be another reason people would find to hate us and claim our success didn't count.

Re liverpool (and evertons) benefitting from the littlewoods pools.
At the time the league wanted to introduce a pools that benefitted all league clubs, not just our cheeky scouse pals.
Both of them obviously voted against that and as at the time ALL clubs had to be against/for for a vote to go through that was that and liverpool were funded , as a second div club, beyond anything that had happened or been seen before. It would be like norwich spending £70m on a player (or 2) now.

Also, liverpool pushed to abolish home teams sharing 25% of gate receipts with the away team. Which clearly helped smaller clubs

They really have been a cunty club for a ling long time
I dont begrudge Everton earning anything...they had a 5 year hole of missing out on European Footballs money with one of the best teams (Howard yuk Kendalls) Ive ever seen in the late 80s...that put them back years financially.
Why was that again?.....

Last one to say "Chelsea fans" is a rotten egg

Listening to the hysteria about inflated sponsorship deals should City win this case is just pure garbage, Etihad are a commercial entity And i would assume part of the country's diversification away from oil, they are out to make a profit not inflate City's income. There is talk of them listing on the stock exchange, handing out mega deals for City is going to go down well with shareholders isn't it. Also one for the financially clued up on here, surely if they were to list, then that would remove their related/associated status with City.

Realistically though, there's a huge percentage of people that aren't on social media or are scrolling past all of that shite. People don't need to be offended by it. It's keyboard wankers writing absolute nonsense. See it, ignore it. Because it relates to something we're passionate about we obviously get riled up by it, but it doesn't make a difference what we think. If it wasn't the charges, there would be another reason people would find to hate us and claim our success didn't count.
I just made a brief excursion onto Facebook and as a City fan didn’t have to wait long for articles and comments on FVM and the EFL deal.
The average brain dead fan is one akin to the shithouse who tries a haymaker on you when your back is turned then runs away like prime Usain Bolt.
Currently trending is
* banged to rights on 115 and a diversion tactic
* trying to inflate deals
* go away if you don’t like the rules
* oil cheats

I call them brain dead as they think a cheap throwaway comment is actual evidence of our wrongdoing.
They are not legally trained and incapable of applying logic when not aligning with their agenda.
Gaslighting is alive and well yet I love the piss boiling.

Listening to the hysteria about inflated sponsorship deals should City win this case is just pure garbage, Etihad are a commercial entity And i would assume part of the country's diversification away from oil, they are out to make a profit not inflate City's income. There is talk of them listing on the stock exchange, handing out mega deals for City is going to go down well with shareholders isn't it. Also one for the financially clued up on here, surely if they were to list, then that would remove their related/associated status with City.
So they just wait for the outcome of the case....then hey presto let's list... we're not related anymore....get the fucking wallet out.....the really, really big wallet.

So they just wait for the outcome of the case....then hey presto let's list... we're not related anymore....get the fucking wallet out.....the really, really big wallet.
I think the opposite is more likely, they will be answerable to shareholders, sponsorship deals might be a tougher negotiation.

Churchlawtonblue said:

So Kevin Maguire has said that under the associated party rules min 3.20 , neither City or Newcastle can be sponsored by any businesses in the UAE or Saudi but other PL clubs can ?? Have i understood that correctly?? But other clubs can and have been sponsored by companies and even by their owners. And its backdated by three years. Clearly that is fundamentally wrong!

Not quite my understanding of it - they were referring to the temporary restriction introduced when Newcastle were acquired to stop any associated party deals being done. This was replaced by different rules allowing them (but after the approval of the PL and their agents). City's argument presumably is that such action is discriminatory/unlawful as it was only introduced to stop Newcastle and subsequent discussions are purely to stop Gulf owned clubs.

Can someone clear something up for me.

The rules are that 2/3rds of the PL must vote to approve something, so that the new rule was approved by 12 of the 18 clubs who voted (2 abstained including us)

So, why didn't we just vote against it - it would have been 12/7/1 and it would have been defeated. Job done surely??

I have just had a conversation with someone on another forum. He insisted that we were guilty in the UEFA case, and that my defence of the latest case was pathetic.

After posting the CAS media release in proof of our innocence, I asked him what he would do if City win the 115.

MEDIA RELEASE:
For further information related to the CAS activity and procedures in general, please contact either Matthieu Reeb, CAS Director General, or Katy Hogg, Communications Officer. Château de Béthusy, Avenue de Beaumont 2, 1012 Lausanne, Switzerland. media@tas-cas.org; Tel: (41 21) 613 50 00; fax: (41 21) 613 50 01, or consult the CAS website: www.tas-cas.org
FOOTBALL – UEFA COMPETITIONS: MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES

CAS DECISION: EXCLUSION FROM PARTICIPATION IN UEFA CLUB COMPETITIONS LIFTED; FINE MAINTAINED BUT REDUCEDTO EUR 10 MILLION

He said that he would put it down to our colossally expensive lawyers.

So, despite me proving that CAS declared innocence, you will not accept it.
If we win the 115, you will not accept innocence.
And you think it is pathetic to bring the latest case.

This is the issue with the tribalism of the game - all evidence is ignored and the click-bait merchants in the media give Thore fans everything to support their opinion, simply because it generates them more money.
This . Especially regarding your second paragraph.
It's similar to when Trump started this kind of agenda in the US....fake news, rigged elections, corrupt justice system etc ... which then feeds the " intellectually challenged " mob mentality 98and is then spread through the msm and (anti) social media to the point
where it becomes 'fact' and in their eyes no alternative viewpoint is allowed. Obviously it's far more dangerous from the likes of Trump , a politician and ex president in a position of power .With his rhetotic he undermines the whole Democratic system on which his country is supposed to operate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.