City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This is exactly the end game the PL want imo…..they can’t win but will cite ‘legal costs’ as a reason to settle….I hope we tell them to fuck off….rinse them for every penny, get masters fired, then pursue every single media outlet that has sullied our good name for the past decade.

That or they both know the result but can't comment (yet / ever).

The good part of it is, that it's now fairly clear that we didn't try to get it all thrown out, just this years changes, and also that there now seems to be some support for the club from other clubs.
Yes agreed. Rival fans will still believe what they want but not much anyone can do about that.

Good to hear that with legal cases affecting 25% of the clubs already and the legal bill at 50 million and rising the clubs are starting to question what the point of it all is.

American owners are ruining our National sport. They look to dominate not with investment of their own but eliminating investment from other rival clubs. It’s a race to the bottom.

I don't think there's much point comparing the two. Clearly our owners have the clout of a nation state, not just access to the occasional friendly deal.

There are plenty of arguments to make against the shit that people throw at City, but I think it's self evident that our owner and chair have more direct influence, over more companies, and more wealth, than the owners of any PL club apart from Newcastle.
I think you need to blend into your analysis the blatant protection racket, sickening corruption and openly racist prejudice they face as owners competing fairly and honestly with a relentless, decade-long, vicious economic attack from the threatened elite clubs and their parasite media.

Last edited:
From what I can fathom… the media is in a bit of a meltdown… having to see the alternative to their media spiel since 2022… the media now are having to be dragged to see what if City aren’t guilty of any of the charges… the bbc article is an eye opener… especially their last two paragraphs on this.. they’re now worried… bring it on…

Attachments

• IMG_9845.jpeg
    IMG_9845.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 280
Why should investments from Middle East clubs be curbed. It is racist. Not a surprise from Roan though.
Exactly and this quickly written “piece” is abrupt and reactionary… I’m loving what’s coming… they are rocked… let the hilarities begin… the premier league opened this can of worms… lets open it further

This is exactly the end game the PL want imo…..they can’t win but will cite ‘legal costs’ as a reason to settle….I hope we tell them to fuck off….rinse them for every penny, get masters fired, then pursue every single media outlet that has sullied our good name for the past decade.

Yes we're not having that fucking settling shite. They started this. Since we became a threat to their favoured clubs, the horrible bastards of UEFA and the premier league have accused us of cheating and done everything in their power to sully our achievements.
Nothing but an unreserved apology will do. I'd personally go further and want it stated that those clubs conspired to put us out of existence. Then sue them and every fucking media twat who aided and abetted them.

I don't think there's much point comparing the two. Clearly our owners have the clout of a nation state, not just access to the occasional friendly deal.

There are plenty of arguments to make against the shit that people throw at City, but I think it's self evident that our owner and chair have more direct influence, over more companies, and more wealth, than the owners of any PL club apart from Newcastle.
This is true, of course, but equally I think companies like Nissan, Puma, Sony etc just want to be associated with the dominant team in the most popular league in the world. It’s clearly not mere cronyism. The likes of Jamie Carragher may not understand the shifting sands, but the times they are a-changing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.