City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

In the early years of the Swales era, we were without doubt one of the biggest and rapidly becoming the biggest club in the country.

I remember the summer in the mid 70's when we signed Mick Channon for then a record fee of 300k, at the time he one one of the stars of the game and it was a huge signing.

This no history, small club narrative was and is absolute crap.
Those were the days of doing paper rounds to cover away travel/tickets.

Used to take advantage of reading every papers sports news on us.

Those were the days of doing paper rounds to cover away travel/tickets.

Used to take advantage of reading every papers sports news on us.
Swales at that time was very close to getting it right, the Tony Book/Bill Taylor combination had produced a quality side and was one or two players away from a title winning side, the decision to bring back Big Mal destroyed it all.

Last edited:
Why would he know any more than the rest of us?
As I said yesterday, three extremely credible journalists put their name out there backing a 'significant city win', yet stefan came out straight away playing it down.

So you're right, he may not know more than the rest of us, but why would he come out & say that?

As I said yesterday, three extremely credible journalists put their name out there backing a 'significant city win', yet stefan came out straight away playing it down.

So you're right, he may not know more than the rest of us, but why would he come out & say that?
Because it's the obvious thing to do. All that's happened is one rule wasn't put forward for discussion and that's it. It could mean something or it could mean nothing. The best approach is not jumping to conclusions that could leave you with egg on your face.

It makes it look like what ever fan assumes that City were “invented”’by Mansour and maybe it’s time we did brag and personally I don’t laugh about the Swales era which nearly cost us our wonderful club
Totally agree, I was at a night match at Maine Road sat in the Main Stand during that era, it wasn't an attractive game and there were thousands of empty seats. I can't be sure but reckon the crowd was just around 25k or so. I thought at the time the Club was on a slippery slope to lower league football and we may never recover from it, the club was in a dire state. I think the annual turnover that season was £8m, early 90's, it was desperate.

It certainly has and I can say hand on heart it ain't been easy but I have loved every single minute
Sorry but I don't believe anyone 'loved every single minute'. Like you, I lived through it and remember times when I could literally have cried. What I do recall though is the 'fuck you' siege mentality that developed in those dark days. It's what United fans couldn't understand at the time (and never will) and what made our resurgence even sweeter. The expression 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger' was never more appropriate. In that sense, I wouldn't change a thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.